Regular Contributor
I bought the new Keurig K-Supreme Plus Smart Coffee Maker w/ 48K-cups. The S&H charges are almost $18. The unit itself only weighs 7.8 lbs. The filter and K-cup and 4 12-count pods come with it. I do not understand why the S&H charges are so high. This is a new item and should at least have reduced S&H charges, if not ship for free. It is also shipping on 11/1. Apparently, they had none in stock. If you deduct the $18 charge, you are not saving as much as they are claiming in the presentation. I think the savings were a little more than $80 off the retail price. If you deduct the $18 from the $80, you end up saving $62/ The Kitchen Aid Pro 600 Stand Mixer weighs 27 lbs alone not counting the packaging which would probably bring it up to about 32 lbs. The S&H is free. I have contacted QVC about this but have yet to get a response. Does anyone else agree that the S&H charges are too high for this product?
Honored Contributor

99% of what Q sells can be found elsewhere for less money, free shipping, free returns. 

Respected Contributor

Compared to shipping costs at some other retailers I do not think that is high.  I was about to order a sweater from the Appleseed's catalog, I think the cost was about $50.  The sweater weighed about a pound and shipping was $13.  I did not get it.

I know some places offer free shipping but that's not usually the case.

Honored Contributor

How much did you pay for it?

QVC's price was $199.98, but selling it today for $159.98 with free shipping.

Kohl's has it on sale from $248 to $199.99 and free shipping. That's around $40 more than QVC.

Retail price for QVC is also $248, but again they have been selling it for $199.98.

You said your Keurig was $80 off the retail price....$248.  You only saved $62 because of the $18 shipping.  You may have gotten the better price at QVC despite the high shipping charge, but we need to know the sale price when you purchased it, what you paid for it.  From what you say, it would be around $170.  Again, it's at a lower price today with free shipping.  Keep in mind retail price is not QVC's price.  

If you find QVC's latest price is the same or less than what you paid for yours, and since it's on advanced order, you can cancel it and reorder with free shipping.  

If it is in process, and the price of your Keurig was more than it is today, you can call CS for a price adjustment, but they won't give you free shipping.  

Keurig K-Supreme Plus Smart Coffee Maker w/ 48 K-cups - QVC.com

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Exorbitant S&H charges

[ Edited ]

@Winkk wrote:

Compared to shipping costs at some other retailers I do not think that is high.  I was about to order a sweater from the Appleseed's catalog, I think the cost was about $50.  The sweater weighed about a pound and shipping was $13.  I did not get it.

@Winkk I also recently backed out of an Appleseeds order when I saw what the S&H charges were going to be.

Honored Contributor

@Whitney400   I do not agree.  The charge is what they told you.  Your choice is to accept it or keep shopping and hope you find QVCs total price or less elsewhere.  

Seems to me anyone who has been around long enough to be a frequent forum contributor already knows what QVC calls the price only sometimes include shipping so we add.  Then we buy or shop more.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Winkk  Sundance also has notorious high shipping fee....unfortunately,  I frequently am attracted to their clothing.

@Winkk wrote:

Frequent Contributor

Some thing to consider is the size of the carton.  It is called dimensional weight opposed to the actual weight of the carton.  I believe it has to do with how much space it takes up on the delivery vehicle, because of that you pay more.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kare29 wrote:

Some thing to consider is the size of the carton.  It is called dimensional weight opposed to the actual weight of the carton.  I believe it has to do with how much space it takes up on the delivery vehicle, because of that you pay more.  

That's true @kare29 

We have one Postal Worker that whips out his measuring tape on almost ALL boxes!

I have seen/heard him argue w/ ppl if they are 1/2" over!

I have also seen  customers step back in line so they don't get him!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I really wanted this Keurig; however, the shipping costs stopped me.  If QVC has a free shipping day while it's still on special pricing, I'll scoop it up!

Right now I'm using an old single-cup Keurig.  I think it's probably the first tankless model QVC ever sold!  They really built them solidly in those days!  And, it makes super hot coffee.

Congrats on your Surpeme Plus!  I hope you have many years of enjoyment out of it!

@Whitney400