Trusted Contributor

Re: Evine Cooks Companion Egg Cooker

[ Edited ]

You ladies are not helping me today!!!! I had myself talked out of that purchase (but did get the square pan and lid), but saw all of the responses, so I went back to get it! I like that today has lots of kitchen shows on all the channels so I can switch back and forth. I much prefer David, but I do like the products on Evine that I have gotten so far. Can't take too much of the host, but the product line has been good for me.

Honored Contributor

@cozyseeker I believe this does have an alarm as this was included in the product features which I believe is the way the others work:

• Dry alarm gives advance warning about dry cooking
Trusted Contributor

I watched the Sizzle presentation of this item.  Based on what I saw, which was the WORST product presentation I'm seen with a kitchen item, I wouldn't buy this product ever.  All of the poached eggs stuck to the cooker.  The hard boiled eggs were mangled by both hosts especially Debra - and the shells were supposed to come off extra easily.  The second set of poached eggs were barely cooked, not poached, RAW.  I watched in disbelief.  The DASH egg produced excellent looking eggs - hard boiled, poached and omelets.  You could probably steam vegetables in the omelet pan.

Interesting that the Evine producers have nicknamed Debora the burnonator.  Every single show something is burned so badly.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I didn't have 2 of the round ones, I'd order this one in a heartbeat.  I love my egg cookers -- never a green yolk and they peel so easily.  

FYI a cleaning tip.  If the metal tray gets dirty from the water boiling out of it, just add a little white vinegar in the tray while it's hot and let it soak for about a minute then dump the vinegar and wipe out with a paper towel.  Comes out very clean.

Update - check Amz dot com.  They have what looks like the same one, but the brand is Nesco.  Remember that name?  It's $21.83 free S&H if Prime member or spend minimum of $25.  Hope this update won't be deleted before some of you can read.

Honored Contributor

***UPDATE***

Received it last night.  Took it out of the box and washed it down so I could use it this morning.  First impression is that it's very sturdy and well made and a great size.

This morning poached an egg and reheated some cooked asparagus.  I sprayed down the cooking wells and nothing stuck.  Everything cleaned up like a breeze.

This unit is different from the one I had because the other one's timer would go off when the water completely evaporated.  To be honest, I was a bit put off when I was reading through the directions last night that you have to keep track of the timing yourself (although if your water does boil out an alarm will go off).  What I realized this morning is by keeping track of the timing yourself, the bottom of the unit stays in good condition plus you can tell at a glance how much more time you have.  I poached the egg for 10 minutes and next time I will try nine as I prefer it a bit runnier.  The asparagus heated up perfectly.

Bottom line, I love it and am very glad I bought it.  My other one was a cheap model and not sturdy (I had a hard time getting the lid to line up and stay on through the cooking process).  As I said, this one is solid and well made and stores great.