Honored Contributor

Evine Cooks Companion Egg Cooker

Evine is offering some nice, new items today and one of them is a larger (up to 8 eggs) egg cooker.  It also comes with a tray for making up to three little omelets and they were also steaming some veggies.  Looks like a nice cooker for $19.99.  What I like is that it's rectangular so it will store well.

473-177- Cook's Companion® 400W Multi Purpose Egg Cooker w/ 2 Removable Trays

Honored Contributor

Re: Evine Cooks Companion Egg Cooker

I have one and its great, I bought a second one so I could make poached eggs for my dad when he was alive

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried one of those little egg cookers by another brand and quickly sent it back.

I boil a lot of eggs---for salads, deviled eggs, just having in the fridge for a quick snack. 

Hated having to handle a bunch of lightweight plastic cooker parts and washing each part by hand after every use.  Also, too much trial/error and repeated cooking cycles seemed to be  involved in getting the eggs done right.

I own numerous stainless steel pots which can go in the dishwasher after boiling a bunch of eggs.  I also own steamer inserts for pots and pans, and can put a dozen or more  eggs in one pot at once

Steaming eggs, then plunging in cold water, is now my preferred method for hard-cooking eggs.

Can't figure out why people don't want to use stainless steel, dishwasher safe pots and pans for hard-cooking an egg.  But that's OK.........it's only my opinion.  

I do think this Evine version looks a lot more practical and easy-to-use than any of the others that I've seen.

Honored Contributor

I’ve had the other brand for a few years and been great. I may look into the rectangular one if I need to replace my MCM. I like the idea that it would fit into the cabinet better. So price, same concept.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe  If I hadn't just gotten one of the little round ones, I would definitely get this.  Looks great.

Honored Contributor

I have one of the round ones I got here and really like it but it is harder to clean at times.  Every Cook's Companion piece I have from Evine is practically just wipe clean and nothing sticks. 

Honored Contributor

@Pookwrote:

I have one of the round ones I got here and really like it but it is harder to clean at times.  Every Cook's Companion piece I have from Evine is practically just wipe clean and nothing sticks. 

Immediately after cooking or boiling, I pour vinegar in the hot plate or whatever it’s called and is clean. Try it .

Super Contributor

I read the instructions for this egg cooker and it looks like you have to manually turn it off when you think your eggs are done. Does this unit turn off automaticallly? If it does I am off to buy it right now. My MSM egg cooker just died a few days ago. 

Super Contributor

I have a Dash egg cooker and have purchased several for gifts.  I use mine several times each week mainly for boiled eggs.  I like that it automatically "rings" when the eggs are cooked.  They come out super easy to peel and it is just so easy to use.  This version cooks one more egg than mine, and I sure like the shape/looks of it.  But I'm too cheap to replace my model when I'm so happy with it's results.   Enjoy the new cooker if you make it yours!

Honored Contributor

I am not a gadget person so I prefer to just boil the eggs myself.I have it down pat so they always turn out.I don't like cooking in plastic....I am sure there are fumes released.Bought a electric kettle that had plastic parts and I could taste the plastic when I made tea.