Respected Contributor

Evine Air Fryer TS Should I??? Air Fryer Experts Wanted

I purchased this air fryer at WalMart on BF for $39.  I has the round pan and is 2.5qt.

This alt value should not be empty if you assign primary image

I am now concerned about the round pan not fitting much.  I watched today's Evine special and like the squarer pan, but it is twice the price and $10.99 shipping.   What do you experienced air fryers think of the deal and my options for cooking for a single person.  The reviews on the WM one are good.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Evine Air Fryer TS Should I??? Air Fryer Experts Wanted

I liked the Paula Deen air fryer she had as a TS - it has a square pan and she has made several upgrades to the original - it was expensive though and I didn't get it.  Their shipping is outrageous also.

Regular Contributor

Sams club has the XL PRO on sale for $99

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

I purchased this air fryer at WalMart on BF for $39.  I has the round pan and is 2.5qt.

This alt value should not be empty if you assign primary image

I am now concerned about the round pan not fitting much.  I watched today's Evine special and like the squarer pan, but it is twice the price and $10.99 shipping.   What do you experienced air fryers think of the deal and my options for cooking for a single person.  The reviews on the WM one are good.  

@Tigriss I have one of the orginal air fryers from Cooks Companion that is this size but with the round basket.  If the time comes to upgrade this appliance I would definitely look for a more square basket as you can fit so much more in them.  Aside from their high s&h, I would say this is a good purchase especially for those that are dipping their toes into the air fryer waters and also are cooking for one or two.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe Thank you for answering my question.  I put the Evine air fryer in my basket and their accessory set and the baking set and the Allison Waggoner cookbook, but the total was just high especially for just starting with the air frying thing.  I don't fry foods at all, so using the air fryer is my compromise to the crispiness of frying but not the grease as it aggravates my gal bladder.  I was impressed with the oil she pours off of food!  WOWSERS at that!  I have some spring rolls in the freezer, so I think I will try those for lunch as see what happens.  I'm pretty good at cooking, so taking a shot at it won't be hard to guess.  I did get the Allison Waggoner book that Evine sells on Amazon Kindle for $8.99 instead of the $20 or so from Evine and Amazon.  I'll look through it before I go grocery shopping on Sunday to do some cooking for the week.  I like that the meals are fast, healthier (depending up what you cook), and actual meals.  With the holidays, I've been busy and popping something into the microwave or doing soup/sandwhich or eggs.  I want to get back to cooking but not huge portions or long meals.

If I get into air frying, like it, and find it a solution, I would probably buy a bigger one and one with a squarer pan, but there are frequent TSVs for them on all the channels, so waiting won't kill me, but will save me money.

@pggoody  Thank you, but the price point is high compared to what I'm looking for in an air fryer.

@hoosieroriginal I got Paula Deen's air fryer cookbook sample sent to my Kindle, so if I like what I see, I'll get the book.  I do like her fryer has a ceramic coating instead of non-stick and the pan shape, but you are right about the shipping.  At least with the one from WM, I can return it easily without payment and it shipped free.  The funny thing it, I ordered it Thanksgiving Day morning and it was delivered on Tuesday of this week, but the darned mail man put it under my lawn mower cover and didn't leave a note.  I check the shipping on it today to find it delivered.  I said what the heck.  I about paniced and went outside to look around.  The things mail men do!  It has been outside and covered for 5 days now.  Thankfully the weather is dry and cool, so no damage, and it was covered.

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

@momtochloe Thank you for answering my question.  I put the Evine air fryer in my basket and their accessory set and the baking set and the Allison Waggoner cookbook, but the total was just high especially for just starting with the air frying thing.  I don't fry foods at all, so using the air fryer is my compromise to the crispiness of frying but not the grease as it aggravates my gal bladder.  I was impressed with the oil she pours off of food!  WOWSERS at that!  I have some spring rolls in the freezer, so I think I will try those for lunch as see what happens.  I'm pretty good at cooking, so taking a shot at it won't be hard to guess.  I did get the Allison Waggoner book that Evine sells on Amazon Kindle for $8.99 instead of the $20 or so from Evine and Amazon.  I'll look through it before I go grocery shopping on Sunday to do some cooking for the week.  I like that the meals are fast, healthier (depending up what you cook), and actual meals.  With the holidays, I've been busy and popping something into the microwave or doing soup/sandwhich or eggs.  I want to get back to cooking but not huge portions or long meals.

If I get into air frying, like it, and find it a solution, I would probably buy a bigger one and one with a squarer pan, but there are frequent TSVs for them on all the channels, so waiting won't kill me, but will save me money.

@pggoody  Thank you, but the price point is high compared to what I'm looking for in an air fryer.

@hoosieroriginal I got Paula Deen's air fryer cookbook sample sent to my Kindle, so if I like what I see, I'll get the book.  I do like her fryer has a ceramic coating instead of non-stick and the pan shape, but you are right about the shipping.  At least with the one from WM, I can return it easily without payment and it shipped free.  The funny thing it, I ordered it Thanksgiving Day morning and it was delivered on Tuesday of this week, but the darned mail man put it under my lawn mower cover and didn't leave a note.  I check the shipping on it today to find it delivered.  I said what the heck.  I about paniced and went outside to look around.  The things mail men do!  It has been outside and covered for 5 days now.  Thankfully the weather is dry and cool, so no damage, and it was covered.

@Tigriss I think your air fryer from Walmart is a steal and I am so glad you nabbed it as it will give you an idea about what these fryers can do at a great price.  I use mine all the time and just love it.

This morning I popped a pre-made waffle in the toaster oven to crisp up (I just bought them so I am in the experimental phase) and was very disappointed in the results so tomorrow will be the air fryer to see if that works better for what I am looking for.  I love how they can revive leftovers especially something that you are looking to crisp up but can also do other tasks although it may take a bit of trial and error as this is a new technology . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Noticed that Aldi has one this week for $59, bt this one on Evine right now looks aweome..best of the best so far and only $10 more...

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe I bet the air fryer will do the waffle wonderfully. Also pizza would be great to heat up in there, but sometimes I do have a thing for cold pizza.

@Mothertrucker Don't forget about the shipping on Evine. It is 10.99 plus tax, so it really is at least $20 more, but has 6 payments, so it is more affordable that way.
Honored Contributor

I would try the small one first to find out what doesn't work for you or are you going to return it?  I have a 3.5 and so far, it seems to be a good size.  My sister has same size and finds it's too small.  She cooks for two teenagers in it.

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
@momtochloe I bet the air fryer will do the waffle wonderfully. Also pizza would be great to heat up in there, but sometimes I do have a thing for cold pizza.

@Mothertrucker Don't forget about the shipping on Evine. It is 10.99 plus tax, so it really is at least $20 more, but has 6 payments, so it is more affordable that way.

@Tigriss those air fryers reheat pizza like nobody's busines as they are the best at it (although I am with you as more than a few slices of cold pizza have crossed my palate . . . Smiley Happy)

@Mothertrucker thanks for the reminder about the Aldi ads as I totally missed this week's offerings and am more than intrigued by next week's.

Good heavens I just love that store! . . . Smiley Happy