Super Contributor

Re: Every time I think of purchasing something from this line, I think of all the warnings and don't.

Me, too. Afraid to purchase. Use my Pyrex. Does the job. Put the food on pretty plates.
Honored Contributor

Re: Every time I think of purchasing something from this line, I think of all the warnings and don't.

On 12/8/2014 luvingit said: Me, too. Afraid to purchase. Use my Pyrex. Does the job. Put the food on pretty plates.

Just an FYI, there have been problems with the newer Pyrex (in the past few years). It can break in the oven, also.

If you have old Pyrex, hang onto it. I have some from years ago that are great, but I'd be hesitant to buy new Pyrex.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 12/8/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 12/5/2014 ANewHue said: Why would you let reviews stop you if you really admire the line. There is only one way to find out for yourself and that is by making your own judgement. I question some of the reviews on. Some lines because there are some haters on these boards that just pick a line to rip apart.for what reason I don't know. I purchased a large set over three years ago and have not had any problems. I like them and even more my husband who finds fault with anything loves them to. His opinion is important because he loves to cook. Don't do that to yourself, besides you always have 30 days to return them. I never registered mine but I understand you can do that on the Temptations website so if there is a problem you can contact them. Good luck! Let me also add I was just at a family members who hosted the holiday and was unaware she collects them, she's had hers much longer and loves them too.

I wonder why a number of people post that they question the negative reviews because there are "haters" on these boards. But they don't seem to question the good reviews... that seems a little odd to me. Especially given the fact that I've read many 3 and 4-star reviews that "trash" the product, but yet give it a high rating anyway. And those who complain about problems, but still "would recommend to a friend". THAT, to me, is what is being dishonest.

HH has said before that she believes none of the complaints to be true, they only exist because their is a conspiracy against the product.

It seems she's not the only one who believes that.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

On 12/8/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 12/8/2014 luvingit said: Me, too. Afraid to purchase. Use my Pyrex. Does the job. Put the food on pretty plates.

Just an FYI, there have been problems with the newer Pyrex (in the past few years). It can break in the oven, also.

If you have old Pyrex, hang onto it. I have some from years ago that are great, but I'd be hesitant to buy new Pyrex.

I was going to post the same about the newer Pyrex. I have some"older" pieces I still use from time to time that was handed down to me!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, all. Everytime one of these rounds starts up I begin to buy anew. Just got the "as is" floral lace "bold" dinnerware in green that i have coveted, which will be beautiful for my spring and summer table. It will go well with the old world falllfetti and brown dinnerware sets that I currently own. Not saying this is the top tier of stoneware, but it suits my country lodge lifestyle and my husband likes it, too.

Happy Holidays to all! Peace, love and soul.Wink

Cogito ergo sum