Honored Contributor

Re: Every time I see this ad, I think about

@GingerPeach.  Thanks....Ive already checked eBay and think I'll have no trouble replacing my Corningware.  I know you were disappointed to be unable to replace yours.  Hopefully You'll find an adequate substitute.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama.  I remember both of your coffee pots.  I think my parents had the glass one once but they got an electric Sunbeam.  I think I may still have the Sunbeam I bought.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   This is a little unrelated however since you mentioned Sunbeam, I am still using the same iron that I've had for over 30 years.  It was a Sunbeam product that was made in the USA, so you KNOW it's old.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama.  I have one of those Sunbeam irons.  Bought it at a discount place in Houston for $12., years ago.  Still going strong.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio 

Thanks for posting such a fun ad.  I love old ads and cookbooklets.

I still have and use my 1.5 qt blue cornflower casserole I received as a wedding gift 48 years ago.  (How many dinners of noodles and cheese- sometimes with leftover ham or hot dog slices or tuna noodle casserole in those early years!) 

I have another shallower 1.5 qt and  a 1 qt casserole which is probably the one I use the most.   Unfortunately, another wedding present a 1 qt  gold round casserole, a  cornflower shallow casserole, (2 or 3 qt I think)  it was was my go-to pan for baked chicken parts). and  a small saucepan  were broken in a move. 

I still use a French white tart plate but, my other French white was a big round 3 qt that I rarely  used so, I got rid of it.  

One Pyrex piece I always wanted was the 1.5 qt clear round casserole with the lid that could be used as a small baking dish.  (Reminds me of Tuna casserole in HomeEc class - learning to make white sauce!)

Recently, I made a blueberry buckle cake  in my square Pyrex baking dish and it came out better than it had in my metal baking dish.  Reminded me of how much I used to bake in Corning and Pyrex. The previously mentioned round gold one was used many times in my early married days for one layer cakes. 

I also have the 1982 cookbook, “Cooking with Cornelius The Corning Cookbook” by Cornelius O’Donnell who was spokesperson for Corning.  He also wrote a  column called “Cornelius for Corning” that appeared in various magazines.  

Regular Contributor

I like the vintage ad, like my Corningware and also love my Temp-tations.

Honored Contributor

I remember the first Temptations did not have "helper handles" and they were much heavier than more recent TT.  I no longer have many pieces without the handles--don't feel they are safe to use especially for heavier items.  

Respected Contributor

Albacore Casserole and Meatloaf, and of course Spaghetti & Meatballs . My 3 favorites.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t have any vintage Corningware (cornflower). But I do have Corell dishes from the late 80’s. Have bowls, coffee cups, saucers, dinner and dessert plates. Love and i use it daily for almost 30 years. Light, washes well and looks brand new.  I had a cornflower tea pot but not sure if I broke it, I doubt I would have discarded it.  It was my grandmothers. I think it was a “bank cd” gift she probably got in the 70’s!! Many people love their corningware.  I have some temptations but I had not had the crazing/cracking problems as others. I do have a 9x13 red polka dot that I use a few times a week and it’s a beauty.