Honored Contributor

Re: Every time I see this ad, I think about

@Mominohio   I also think Tara presented TT as a new idea that she and her Mom came up with.  Remember the first "wicker-like" trivets? and so many of the racks with every set?   I bought several sets fairly early and have had good luck with them.  Will not buy anymore as my last orders (a few years ago) were returns as they were very poorly made.  In the past I gave a couple of pieces for gifts, but would not do that again.  None of her new patterns appeal to me and I don't really need any more  pieces anyway.  I also still having Corningware Cornflower and French White, but don't use it since I don't  cook larger amounts anymore.  I've still kept my Pyrex and Corningware  stored away "just in case."  (mine are from the late 60's)   Most of the TT I have is a solid color with the pattern etched into the sides.  If I had all Old World, I think I would be tired of it by now.  Just have a couple of pieces.  I also have some pretty TT patterns that were only in one or two sets and only featured very briefly.  Those seem very sturdy.

Honored Contributor

My Ma had this coffee pot

Image result for corningware electric percolator

Made the best coffee.  Back in the day, before the internet, the heating element putzed out on her and I tracked down the Corningware company in the US by using the telephone information operator, rofl.  I got in touch and said I needed a replacement heating element.  They mailed me some form, I filled it out, sent them a money order and they sent me a replacement heating element.  During the 6-8 weeks that this took, my Pa bought a Mr Coffee drip coffeemaker and my Ma hated the coffee so she kicked it really old school and dug out her Ma's stovetop percolator.

It looked like this,

Pyrex Flameware 6 Cup Percolator, Basket & Insert

Ahh, good times 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

My Ma had this coffee pot

Image result for corningware electric percolator

Made the best coffee.  Back in the day, before the internet, the heating element putzed out on her and I tracked down the Corningware company in the US by using the telephone information operator, rofl.  I got in touch and said I needed a replacement heating element.  They mailed me some form, I filled it out, sent them a money order and they sent me a replacement heating element.  During the 6-8 weeks that this took, my Pa bought a Mr Coffee drip coffeemaker and my Ma hated the coffee so she kicked it really old school and dug out her Ma's stovetop percolator.

It looked like this,

Pyrex Flameware 6 Cup Percolator, Basket & Insert

Ahh, good times 

@Bird mama 

I have both of thses (but my Corningware one is stovetop not electric). I don't drink coffee, but inherited both of these pieces from family, so they are keepers for me.

Trusted Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

Corning ware was my very first QVC purchase eeek a long time ago when Bob was in the Kitchen, maybe even before.  I still use it, it's the French White without a design, classic and has held up.  Maybe it wasn't even made in China then either?!

You mean that "boring white" stuff they try to put down during Temptations presentations?

I love it too and no, it's not boring!

It's their new classic.  

I collect French White and the Cornflower.  I love it.  Always prowling Goodwill!!

Respected Contributor

My Aunt had a the stove top coffee maker. And really made good coffee. 

Respected Contributor

That is horrible when that happens. My sister placed her casserole dish out of the oven and sat it on a left on burner and it exploded all over the ceiling. A very good reason why you show check the burners and make sure they are off. I often think how lucky she was that it didn't explode into her face. I think things happen when your stress or nervous. Cooking is something I only cook in my air-fryer at all possible. I feel safer with it especially because it turns it self off when cooking is complete.

Respected Contributor

I appreciate handles on dishes , that way you have something to hold on to.

Respected Contributor

Wal-mart still sells it. I still use my mini bowls for add ons for vegetables. Not all dish sets have vegetable or fruit  dishes.

Respected Contributor

Smiley Sad Heart Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I was taking my 3 qt Corningware casserole that I've had for years, out of the oven this week when it slipped out of my hands and went crashing on the floor.  Not only did I regret the big mess (tuna casserole) but I'm going to miss that dish.  It was the harvest pattern.

My condolences, @Kachina624 

Seriously, that kind of thing has happened to me as well.  Some very well loved things are sadly irreplaceable.

Last year I broke one of four of my perfect drinking glasses, and found to my dismay that they are not available anywhere.  It's even hard to find ones that aren't too heavy in a nice pattern, let alone the grape vine design and also have that thumb rest.  Some things just fit us individually, don't they?   Woman Sad

But maybe you'll be luckier than me and able to find a Corningware replacement for your dish of the right size and pattern.

DSCN0559 (2).JPG

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.