Honored Contributor

Re: Every time I see this ad, I think about

Thank you both, I have never seen those lids.

We have an outlet not too far away!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Thank you both, I have never seen those lids.

We have an outlet not too far away!

One other thing - If I am going to put a casserole in the freezer I'll put a layer of plastic wrap or foil on top of the dish first. The lids will still snap down.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch those shows but how could she pretend she invented those things?  Didn't we all grow up with Corningware and other cook/heat/store stuff like that?  If I close my eyes I can see it all in my mother's and my nana's kitchens and fridges.

Honored Contributor

Kachina624

I'm sorry about your Corningware breaking.  I just had to comment on your making the Tuna Casserole!  When I was younger and we as Catholics couldn't eat meat on Fridays, my mother would buy fresh fish for the most part until we asked for something different.  I don't remember why she made the tuna casserole but we loved it.  She did make it often and I never was tired of it.  I still make it on occasion for myself and have leftovers!  Great casserole!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Corning Ware quality is so much better than Temptations. Those older brands were true quality and made to last. Nothing like most of the junk we buy these days.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I was taking my 3 qt Corningware casserole that I've had for years, out of the oven this week when it slipped out of my hands and went crashing on the floor.  Not only did I regret the big mess (tuna casserole) but I'm going to miss that dish.  It was the harvest pattern.

Aww @Kachina624 , I can imagine how you feel.  But you can go on Ebay and type "3 qt. Corningware Harvest" into the search engine.  You may be pleasantly surprised.  As someone else said, I too have some pieces that I've had for many decades, and others I've picked up in the last few years from Ebay. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I was taking my 3 qt Corningware casserole that I've had for years, out of the oven this week when it slipped out of my hands and went crashing on the floor.  Not only did I regret the big mess (tuna casserole) but I'm going to miss that dish.  It was the harvest pattern.

Aww @Kachina624 , I can imagine how you feel.  But you can go on Ebay and type "3 qt. Corningware Harvest" into the search engine.  You may be pleasantly surprised.  As someone else said, I too have some pieces that I've had for many decades, and others I've picked up in the last few years from Ebay. 

You just had to suggest ebay didn't you!? I found my pattern - it's called Peach Floral. I bought all I have as a set at the old Fedco store in California. There are so many pieces to go with it - even dinnerware. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a huge set of Corning French White that I have had for more years than I admit to being alive.  I will never get rid of it.  With all of the defects in Temptations, I will never own that.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags.  Thanks for the eBay suggestion.  They have quite a selection.  I'll get a Mr. Rebates payment sent to eBay on May 1st.  It'll be just about right to buy a new 3 qt.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Corning ware was my very first QVC purchase eeek a long time ago when Bob was in the Kitchen, maybe even before.  I still use it, it's the French White without a design, classic and has held up.  Maybe it wasn't even made in China then either?!