Esteemed Contributor

Two days ago, I ordered a Secura Duxtop 3qt saucepan with lid from amazonsmile.  It was a lightening deal and kinda fed up with my RR saucepan as the bolts inside the pan keep rusting up so have to hand wash.  

Well, kind impressed with this pan as it quite heavy (18/10SS, whole-clad, tri-ply) and quite surprised as I didn't expect something of this nice for the price.

Just wondering if anybody has heard/used this brand and, if so, what are your thoughts?

Valued Contributor

Re: Ever Heard Of This Brand?

I have never heard of this brand but looked it up on amazon and it looks beautiful.  Good luck with it!

Valued Contributor

Yeah looks like made in US, a bonus!

Esteemed Contributor

@m0rgan

@m0rgan wrote:

Yeah looks like made in US, a bonus!

Made in USA - didn't even notice!  Amazing, under 29 so assumed must be made in China.Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard of it, but it sounds like a good brand to know!

Once, several years ago, I ended up with a brand I'd never heard of and it's been a great pan.

I had been looking for another large, like 8-10qt, stockpot.   I found one of Wolfgang Puck's stainless steel with the tri-ply base, on hsn, and I bought that. 

Well, that was when I learned that the quality of his stuff went down drastically and it was just junk.   His 18/10 ss pots/pans used to be of pretty good quality.

I dumped that (no wonder it was so cheap!) and ended up finding an off-brand that was really nice. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I haven't heard of it, but it sounds like a good brand to know!

Once, several years ago, I ended up with a brand I'd never heard of and it's been a great pan.

I had been looking for another large, like 8-10qt, stockpot.   I found one of Wolfgang Puck's stainless steel with the tri-ply base, on hsn, and I bought that. 

Well, that was when I learned that the quality of his stuff went down drastically and it was just junk.   His 18/10 ss pots/pans used to be of pretty good quality.

I dumped that (no wonder it was so cheap!) and ended up finding an off-brand that was really nice. 

Funny you mentioned WP!  First thing I thought of when I opened this one was WP's pans. Had one years ago, don't know what hapened to it but really liked it. Too bad vendors often fail to maintain the quality of their products.  Glad you found some good ones.  

Frequent Contributor

Which one is made is USA?

I saw the seller was answering in Q&A that their products are made in China.

I'd love to buy one if there is made in USA one!

Valued Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Two days ago, I ordered a Secura Duxtop 3qt saucepan with lid from amazonsmile.  It was a lightening deal and kinda fed up with my RR saucepan as the bolts inside the pan keep rusting up so have to hand wash.  

Well, kind impressed with this pan as it quite heavy (18/10SS, whole-clad, tri-ply) and quite surprised as I didn't expect something of this nice for the price.

Just wondering if anybody has heard/used this brand and, if so, what are your thoughts?

@eddyandme, I bought their 1800W Induction Cooktop this year and absolutely love it.  It was $59.00 which I thought was a great price.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowshmarrow wrote:

Which one is made is USA?

I saw the seller was answering in Q&A that their products are made in China.

I'd love to buy one if there is made in USA one!

@Meowshmarrow

I really don't know.  Got it just in the nick of time 'cause was a lightening deal about to expire so didn't research.  Just reviewed the Q&A and someone replied it was made in China; looked online and under the Secura induction cooker it read that the company is based in Canada.  Only inscriptions on pan is pics of what you can cook on and d/w safe.

I then searched under Duxtop. Secura came up but there is a customer service # if you want to check with them. Sorry, I couldn't give you a better answer.

Honored Contributor

I want Swiss Diamond at least one piece LOL