Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Ever Had Those Issues that Cause "OH NO!!!"

Here we are this close to Thanksgiving.  I went into the basement, half man cave and there was some water on the floor!  NO!  NO!

Turns out that the water pipe coming into the house is the issue.  The shut off valve won't worrk and the pipe will have to be replased since it is leaking.  Good thing I married a guy that can do almost anything!

If we can't get it fixed, I will be here with a 24 lb turkey in the fridge which I can cook after work the next day, then have DS over and fam and reheat.....in a day or so.....Shhhhh...

The issues you have battled?

Valued Contributor

Re: Ever Had Those Issues that Cause "OH NO!!!"

Seems like most holidays have something that breaks or won't work. I am praying for my old oven to continue. I have so far only cooked cornbread, biscuits, and two pies. Still have everything else to go in the oven. 

Hope you get the pipe fixed. 

Honored Contributor

Battle for 4 years with Samsung crappy refrigerator and finding someone to repair.  I'm in the 1950s making my own ice cubes with trays every night.  Compressor stopped working and needed replacement but my extended warranty over.  The fun begins.

So many problems but today I open the freezer ...everything iced over as it's been thawed.  Ok stupid me, didn't marry a man who knew how to do anything except call someone!  Then gets mad it's "something" I did ...so just "ignore" stupidity & move on..

Just opened freezer since 1 pm today...yup, something's wrong ...so guess tomorrow I'll try to find a repair person who will work on Samsung (many refuse cuz junk).  Or better yet buy a new one that probably comes with new headaches no matter the brand 😉

Kinda glad i'm sick and cancelled my TG plans til next week or whenever...last thing I need to deal with🤦‍♀️

Honored Contributor

You know there is an 800 number for Samsung now.  The techs are highly trained.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

yes after years of fighting and disgust they are finally making it right by providing consumers a direct #.

So far, I've had no luck with them but I won't give up.

They really make good electronics but IMO crappy appliances, even my friends have had major issues -- we all bought from same store too🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

One year our only dinner table collapsed from a broken leg caused from all of the food which was on it. The table gave way immediately after the turkey was set down on it.Smiley Surprised Everything and everyone went flying! Lots of the food was saved but there were three big pup dogs in the house and they came running towards the table and started chomping down on everything they could get in their mouths. Thankfully the bird was saved and we all sat in the living room and ate what we could in there. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Oh yes.  Of course the oven died one year...about 8 people coming over.  I think I blacked out temporarily because DH was able to fix it.  Dinner was a little late.  lol

Then there was the year my arm was in a cast.  Do you know you can lift a turkey with a cast on?  (DH did lift it because I have a wall oven which was too high for me to reach.  Making the stuffing is another story!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Whatever the dilemma in our way -- it gets done & most have no idea until we mention it😉

We women are strong organized and will serve a beautiful meal no matter what happens along the way 

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🦃🙂🙂

Respected Contributor

I tripped over a dog on Christmas while checking what was in the oven and broke the oven door off the stove.

Have had the garbage disposal get jammed many a holiday, before we just stopped putting any type of potato peels or similar down it.

This year, they are anticipating that we could have power outages from 3-8 hours on Thursday due to the high winds.  That would make for an interesting holiday dinner!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I put my pies on a cookie sheet one year and the sheet buckled causing all the contents of pie to fly all over the stove. What a nightmare. The pumpkin filling was everywhere. I had to wait for stove to cool and scrape it clean. I didn't want to put turkey in oven with that all over. This story not over yet. So, I order two pumpkin pies from bakery that was just open till sold out I got lucky for two pies.  I jump in truck to go get them. On the way home I hit a speed bump at a normal speed but it caused the pies to fly off the seat and explode on impact on the floor. Ok I know your saying why didn't you set them on the floor? It's a work truck, mud, coffee cups, food wrappers you get it right? At this point I pull over and ball my guts out. Dinner turned out fine and for dessert 🍨 ice cream. 

@ECBG  I hope all turn out well! Happy Thanksgiving 🦃