Super Contributor

Re: Entenmann's & TastyKake Junkies

DH absolutely loves Entenmann's soft donuts. We can find them in a couple grocery stores, but we have no Big Lots in our area. He tries to limit himself to one box per month, but that is so very hard on him.

Super Contributor

On 1/28/2014 10sluvr said:

entenmans has a great crumb coffeecake, if they still make it. loved the outlet store but it's gone now. i will check out big lots.

Entenmann's still makes the crumb cake. Unfortunately, not made and distributed in my area.

Publix used to carry one in the 'fresh' bakery department, and it was very good. It was shipped in to each store. Frozen. All they did was thaw and dust with icing sugar. Came from the same Publix warehouses as all the frozen dough products. While Publix may actually 'bake' their stuff, the dough itself is shipped in, frozen.

Honored Contributor

Entenmann's discontinued the crumb cake I like, the round one, several years ago here in NM. I would get them when I visited my sister in Pa. at Christmas. Well, this year it was unavailable there too. They just have a square "New York Style" that none of us liked. I've been getting David's Crumb Cakes on AD from HSN. They are the best of all!
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I just gasped! I should be able to find Krimpets here in Columbus oh - I just googled TastyKakes and they sell their goods in all of the Kroger's & Turkey Hill shops here, Target too.

I'm so excited!

Honored Contributor

They have so e TastyKakes at my Walmart but not the kinds I like.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Little Debbie /TastyKake here. Love Entenmann's.
Honored Contributor

When I lived on the east coast, entenmann's were a favorite. There were lots of choices. Not so much here in the Midwest. I think the grocery store has one little shelf. Next time I go by big lots, I'll stop in, they have a large grocery section.

Super Contributor

The ONLY way you would have TastyKakes at your Big Lots is if you have a distributer like Flowers that brings fresh baked goods to one of the vendor racks at the front of your Big Lots store. FRESH BAKED FOOD PRODUCTS ATE A VENDOR ITEM.

TastyKakes are NOT warehoused by Big Lots. They're a vendor item like the small ice cream freezer by the checkouts. Drivers from the bakery distributers stop at the Big Lots stores twice a week with overstock from supermarkets and the like. Works the same way at your supermarket. Baked goods are NOT warehoused by supermarkets either. They're vendor driven.

Technically, all the TastyKake products that are overstocks are to be brought back to the vendor outlet store. If you have an outlet store in your area, they will have the TastyKake products there.

IF (AND ONLY, IF) you happen to be in a Big Lots WHEN the vendor driver is stocking the rack at the front of the store, and ask nicely, they will go to the truck, bring in what you ask for and NO MORE. Then they will have the cashier at Big Lots create a price sticker for the items you have in your basket. THEY WILL NOT BRING IN OTHER TASTYKAKE PRODUCTS from the truck. Period.