New Contributor
Aren't there any new products QVC can offer. David's shows so much Temptations I don't watch like I used to. Way too many Temptations products in each show. Show us something new and different.
Occasional Contributor

I also am sick of Temptations.  Seems to dominate all cooking show. Enough is enough!

Respected Contributor

I guess the upcoming 48 hour Temptations weekend wouldn't be for you then.

Respected Contributor

I would love to see QVC come up with some new and different ceramic cookware - they had somethng by Lydia ?? for a while but it's gone now. Temptations has gotten "OLD" to me. The Old World and Floral Lace patterns are perhaps her best sellers, but I don't care for either one.  I did like the polka dot patterns, and I have some holiday items I enjoy, "Hometown Christmas" pattern. Great for all winter, but do not use for cooking since there have been so many  "disasters". Tara seems nice, but we need more originality and a variety of vendors. The busy patterns tend to detract from the food IMHO.

I still believe that QVC owns Temptations, or that David has more than a passing interest in the brand.  I see so many things go on Clearance that the sales would appear to be down. I know I won't be purchasing anything more.

Contributor

David is a QVC employee, i.e. a sales rep for QVC, An employee of QVC selling Their selection of products.

Temptations is a "house brand" of QVC. It is the same as a "house brand" of CVS, Walmart etc.. (Do you have xxx cough medicine?  No, we have House Brand xxx which is cheaper but more peofitable to us.

It is their (QVC) choice to sell their own brand and not others. They earn more money (profits) from their own brand and not a competitors.They (QVC) may have exclusive contracts with other suppliers, i.e. WEN, Philosophy etc. to solely sell their products at a very profitable exclusive arrangement without telling fheir customers (Us).

All in all, it's not complicated. David and Carolyn, Jane, Mary Beth etc. sell what QVC tells them to do,

It is our choice to say ---- Yes or No.

Respected Contributor

Tara has made millions selling tempations. Today she had a cake mix in the tree dish & she used a mixer showing that you can mix in the same pan. Just too crazy watching it. Just waiting til she figures out she has made every tempation things for the kitchen next she will probably start in the bathroom. Soap dish, toothbrush holder, toilet paper holder maybe even a toiletbrush just wait now since I gave her the idea.LOL

Valued Contributor

@nanmeg wrote:
Aren't there any new products QVC can offer. David's shows so much Temptations I don't watch like I used to. Way too many Temptations products in each show. Show us something new and different.

Are you saying that you're not tempted?? Smiley Surprised

I figure they'll make a kitchen floor mat and maybe some matching cafe curtains before they're done.

Have they made a Temptations sink plunger already? When it comes time to unclog one's drains, one does want to do it in "Old World" style, after all.

I wouldn't mind Temptations line if it didn't get so "cutesy dollhouse" most of the time. I mean, essentially, they're emulating the look of classic Polishware - generally.

But when I'm cooking, I personally don't need a googly-eyed painted-faced zombie girl of a salt shaker staring at me.

I wish they'd just keep things simpler and more streamlined.

So many times I sorta-kinda almost sometimes on occasion maybe wanna nearly...order something of Temptations. But the designs seem to always have something toy kitchen going on with them.

Keep it simple(-r).

Honored Contributor

i enjoy temptations and i am glad she is bringing in new pieces and new seasonal designs......pieces that can easily be used separately or given as gifts rather than huge sets of bakeware. i also hope she will do more contemporary designs and/or solid colors.

you may want to avoid the temptations day in august. there will be a TSV coming up.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

I guess the upcoming 48 hour Temptations weekend wouldn't be for you then.

LOL

Do people not realize they wouldn't show it so much if it wasn't selling? While I haven't bought any for a long time, I enjoy and use the stuff I have.

Change the channels people, surely there is something else to do or watch?

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Tara has made millions selling tempations. Today she had a cake mix in the tree dish & she used a mixer showing that you can mix in the same pan. Just too crazy watching it. Just waiting til she figures out she has made every tempation things for the kitchen next she will probably start in the bathroom. Soap dish, toothbrush holder, toilet paper holder maybe even a toiletbrush just wait now since I gave her the idea.LOL

Actually, she already did these, at least a sample set, that was shown a couple of years ago. Nothing has been mentioned about a release date, and they may have decided not to go with the idea, but there was, if I remember correctly, a wastebasket, toothbrush holder, shower curtain, soap dispensers, and maybe a toilet brush holder. Pics were posted on FB at one time.