Occasional Contributor

Re: Enameled Cast Iron Set on Evine Live -Today's TTV

Yes I purchased the cast iron cookware set.Way too heavy!!

Respected Contributor

I'm used to cooking with regular cast iron which is heavy, so I knew what I was getting into when I ordered this set. For me it's worth it, as it cooks and bakes beautifully, but I would not recommend this type of cookware for someone with dexterity issues.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

I was planning on using it as my workout equipment

Trusted Contributor

It's back down in price but the s&h is high. It's hard to get a good look at the colors because they focus more on the cooking than the colors on the video on the website. I can't tell if the ice white is pure white or has blue tinges to it.
Respected Contributor

I bought it about a week ago in the blue when it was a special value- shipping was like $7 I think,I thought that was good for how heavy is...

It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, I will let you know how it is...

I have some Le Creuset which is great, but they don't make the dark blue anymore that I love so much.... and you can't beat the price!

Occasional Contributor

Yes, the cast iron cookware set from shop HQ would make excellent workout weights! Lol{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2015 PeterDM said: It's back down in price but the s&h is high. It's hard to get a good look at the colors because they focus more on the cooking than the colors on the video on the website. I can't tell if the ice white is pure white or has blue tinges to it.

Hi Peter, I'm not sure if you're looking at the same set, as there was no ice white in the TTV last weekend. Here is the item number for the one we're talking about in this thread: 452-766. It comes in red, blue, copper, slate, and yellow (which is sold out).

They did change the number of value pays from yesterday to today. Yesterday it was on 5 value pays and today only 4.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

On 2/18/2015 Topaz Gem said:
On 2/17/2015 PeterDM said: It's back down in price but the s&h is high. It's hard to get a good look at the colors because they focus more on the cooking than the colors on the video on the website. I can't tell if the ice white is pure white or has blue tinges to it.

Hi Peter, I'm not sure if you're looking at the same set, as there was no ice white in the TTV last weekend. Here is the item number for the one we're talking about in this thread: 452-766. It comes in red, blue, copper, slate, and yellow (which is sold out).

They did change the number of value pays from yesterday to today. Yesterday it was on 5 value pays and today only 4.

Topaz, I was looking at 440-495. It looks to be the same set as the item # you posted, is it not pretty much the same?
Respected Contributor

On 2/18/2015 PeterDM said:
On 2/18/2015 Topaz Gem said:

Topaz, I was looking at 440-495. It looks to be the same set as the item # you posted, is it not pretty much the same?

It's very similar. It doesn't have the paella pan with the lid and it doesn't have the rack for the Dutch oven, but you could certainly substitute one for the other. I imagine the set would perform the same way and the price is a bit lower. I wonder why the colors are a bit different? You'd think they'd offer the same array of colors in that brand.

P.S. The ice white you mentioned is very pretty! I've never seen cookware with that type of shading before. Very nice. I bought a couple of pans in the Sand color about a year ago and I was worried they'd stain, but they clean up beautifully. I wish the TTV that I ordered came in Sand, as I would have ordered it to match my frying pans.

Respected Contributor

OK, mine came! i also ordered (from Overstock) an "Old Dutch" standing pot rack, so I wanted to put that together before I opened up the set... I just opened and washed the largest of the dutch overs, no flaws, it is lovely, not quite as heavy as Le Creuset, but VERY substantial, snd I thin I can handle it -(event my advanced age, LOL!) so that is a plus to me!

More later- can't wait to hear how you like yours- i only got the 7 piece set, and really wanted the brasier, which I realize I did not get- I got the blue-