Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know if a 3 lb. chicken will fit in this 3.75 qt. air fryer?  I would be interested if it does.  I have one of the original T-Fal Actifry air cookers which I love and use all of the time.  But it is the type that has a paddle in the middle so you can't use it for something like a chicken.  But it's great for chicken wings, veggies, fries, and I also use it to toast nuts.  But I'd also like the other type of air fryer that has the basket so I could cook larger things, just wondering if this TSV by Emeril will be big enough.

Honored Contributor

Re: Emeril' s new air fryer

[ Edited ]

@soonersis wrote:

Does anyone know if a 3 lb. chicken will fit in this 3.75 qt. air fryer?  I would be interested if it does.  I have one of the original T-Fal Actifry air cookers which I love and use all of the time.  But it is the type that has a paddle in the middle so you can't use it for something like a chicken.  But it's great for chicken wings, veggies, fries, and I also use it to toast nuts.  But I'd also like the other type of air fryer that has the basket so I could cook larger things, just wondering if this TSV by Emeril will be big enough.

@soonersis It may fit but not leave any room plus you will probably have to flatten the legs so it does not sit too high. I just put a frozen 3 lb turkey breast in my Cook's Essentials 3.2 qt Air Fryer. I could not close the basket drawer. Don't think there would have been a problem with it thawed & unwrapped. I have just always used the larger 5.3 qt air fryer with no problems. 

Emeril's is a little larger so it will work out better.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Guess I'm out of the loop. I thought Emeril was Hsn's fellow ?

He cross the fence ?

Emeril has been back on QVC for maybe a year or more.  Just got an e-mail about his air fryer TSV.  Available in all the usual colors which is nice.  I'm happy with the fryer I bought a few months ago, but will watch the shows anyway.  (I have the Power AirFryer XL Pro from QVC.)

Honored Contributor

If you shop Sam's they will have model #246458 Digital Power XL Air Fryer 5.3 qt on sale Aug 5th only one day sale for $90. Comes with bonus barrel pan plus free shipping. You can buy in store or online. It's $120 right now.

Honored Contributor

Why are they selling this with a flat so called basket to put in the bottom of the interior pot instead of also having the basket with holes that goes in there? Bonus barrel basket is nice but why cheap out on the other basket. I would not buy it for that reason. It's also too small. Never seen one without the interior cooking basket.

New Contributor

I just bought 2 of Emerils rapid air fryers: one for us and one for a single adult son, who buys most of his meals out. The price is right now and it ends tonight at midnight. Some have asked about the basket shape. It's mostly oval and Emeril had a chicken and duck in there, cooking perfectly. I would assume a turkey breast would work also.

1/2 tsp of oil is perfect if that really works. It comes with 30 recipes designed for this product. That influenced me to buy one for our son. If he can follow easy directions, he may love this product.

It's nice to see all of these notes and that others had the same questions as me.

Happy Cooking,

jope in OH