Trusted Contributor

Re: Emeril's Pressure Cooker What Am I Doing Wrong???

On 3/17/2014 zebragirl318 said:

Lacey I set it on high pressure, for 20 mins. I put the chicken in first, the pour chicken broth/stock over it, then the Rice-a-roni and seasoning packet, add a little more broth and it is great! If I use thawed chicken I do high pressure at about 15 mins. It's quite good Smiley Happy

Well, I did NOT have Rice-a-roni, (how is that possible?)-soooo.... I subbed 2 bags of Aldi's Onion Spaetzels, 3/4 carton of veggie stock, two frozen chicken breasts. 10 minutes on high pressure. It came out like a chicken & noodles with gravy. I prettied it up with parsley and viola! That could be a quickie keeper! Thanks for the idea, zebragirl!!!

Contributor

Oh wow, thank you too, that sounds awesome! Lol I am loving that thing more every day!

Esteemed Contributor

Back to the stove top with the whistle for me - had two from QVC and one from William & Soyma - either the clock didn't count down - or the clock wouldn't stay when set - or it just couldn't build up enough steam to actually ""cook"". I had a stove top and it made great meals with no problem - the whistle didn't bother me & I might buy another for next winter.