Honored Contributor

Re: Emeril Air Fryer Feedback

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@debbear wrote:

I need air fryer help.  I tried to make frozen shoestring French fries  I followed the instructions  I sprayed them with oil and shook the basket at least three times some of the fries were burnt on the ends some were way undercooked and some were OK.  Any advice would be appreciated. 

I made Orieda shoestrings......they came out perfect. ...maybe you had too many in the cooker? I didn't spray mine with oil either. 

@debbear I agree with what @Nataliesgramma said.  I don't spray any oil on any of my frozen fries as I think they already have some type of coating on them.  I think if you are using fresh potatoes then the oil would be a good idea.

Also, when you are making things that don't naturally tumble around when you give the basket a shake, I'll also stir things around with a set of tongs (I made onions and peppers and used this method and they came out great).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@debbear wrote:

I need air fryer help.  I tried to make frozen shoestring French fries  I followed the instructions  I sprayed them with oil and shook the basket at least three times some of the fries were burnt on the ends some were way undercooked and some were OK.  Any advice would be appreciated. 

@debbear@ I make the Ore Ida frozen shoestring fries in the air fryer. I spray with a little coconut oil + Penzey's 4S seasoning. If I don't spray with a little oil I think they are dry & the seasoning will not stick to the fries. I cook @ 390° for 7 mins. 

@I also make frozen Famous Fries seasoned made by Checker's/Rally's. I cook those @ 400° for about 10 mins. I don't spray these with oil as they don't need it.

I shake the basket half way through cooking when using the air fryer.

I use the Cookwell Coconut spray brand. It does not have the propellants in it. I also have the Olive Oil spray without propellants.

Respected Contributor

So you stop midway in cooking and shake and only one layer of food.....................

Respected Contributor

I made regular french fries and Checker Rally fries for lunch and they were perfect. As long as you flip them once or twice and shake them they will all cook perfectly. I got the Checker Rally seasoned fries at Wal-Mart. They took about 15 minutes for the crispness we like. I also made 10 small chicken drummies ( the bag of chicken wings came as part drummies in the bag) and cooked them on 400 degrees for 30 minutes total. I put them in a ziplock bag with a tsp. of olive oil, garlic powder (not garlic salt) and Garlic Pepper. Then I added a little Panko crumbs to them after I took them out of the bag. I turned them over with silicone tongs instead of shaking the basket to brown them evenly during cooking. Using a soft toothbrush is my key to a quick cleaning of the basket holes. The only thing I notice on the nonstick is the top of where you slide the basket in and out has a small amount of it wore off. I think this is probably just normal. I only explained so much for new users to try and help them make a nice meal for their family. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MKR14 wrote:

I made regular french fries and Checker Rally fries for lunch and they were perfect. As long as you flip them once or twice and shake them they will all cook perfectly. I got the Checker Rally seasoned fries at Wal-Mart. They took about 15 minutes for the crispness we like. I also made 10 small chicken drummies ( the bag of chicken wings came as part drummies in the bag) and cooked them on 400 degrees for 30 minutes total. I put them in a ziplock bag with a tsp. of olive oil, garlic powder (not garlic salt) and Garlic Pepper. Then I added a little Panko crumbs to them after I took them out of the bag. I turned them over with silicone tongs instead of shaking the basket to brown them evenly during cooking. Using a soft toothbrush is my key to a quick cleaning of the basket holes. The only thing I notice on the nonstick is the top of where you slide the basket in and out has a small amount of it wore off. I think this is probably just normal. I only explained so much for new users to try and help them make a nice meal for their family. Smiley Happy

@MKR14 Wow 15 mins. on those fries? I do mine for 10 mins & they are nice & crunchy. Which air fryer do you have? I have the last CE air fryer 1500 watt. I guess everyone needs to be aware of the different watts & for cooking times we post.

Have not tried wings yet but will do that next week while DH is off.

I use my Lodge cast iron scrub brush to clean the holes in the interior pot. It's pretty handy.

LODK11BRSH_2_small.jpg

Respected Contributor

The fries were done around 10 minutes as I check them every 5 minutes from when I put them in. My husband wanted them done more as we had thicker ones in with the medium cut fries.His idea as he didn't know what ones he would like the most. I have Emeril's Air Fryer and it is 1400 watts. Anything you make will be to the person eating them preference and the time given for all foods has to be checked before that time so they don't get overdone. I keep notes on what I am making and the times we like.Thanks for the feedback. The only thing I

might change is get a bigger one but only if we see we use it enough. So far so good. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@MKR14  Hope you are still enjoying your new air fryer and are making great food. 

I went to Williams Sonoma today to look at the Phillips Air Fryer and I was really impressed.  The cost for their original digital one was $245.00 same as at HSN and Amazon.  But I went online and ordered a factory certified reconditioned one.  The tray is a bit bigger than the one from Emeril, but it doesn't make the machine any bigger.  Will make roasted cowliflower this weekend and if I like them as much as you like your food, I will be a happy camper.

Philips Digital AirFryer, the original Airfyer with Rapid Air Technology, White, HD9230/56

Respected Contributor

@CLEM Awesome. I hope you have good luck and we will look for your feedback and hints. I have been feeling bad your white one never came back in stock of Emeril's but as long as you got what you wanted is all that matters. Happy air drying!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Asking a question about the air fryers...you air dry your meat(chicken, pork, etc) then you air dry your fries or veggies...doesn't the meat get cold?  I read some reviews and that is the main reason I didn't get this one...I don't like food sitting for 10-15 minutes or longer waiting for the sides.  Any info will be appreciated

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is Air FRYERS not Air DRYERS. You must have read the comments wrong. This is not a dehydrator. It cooks like an oven does with heat. Hope this helps.