Trusted Contributor

Re: Emeril 3.75 qt. Rapid Air Fyer. Fatal flaw?

@wagirl wrote:

For some reason, I just can't quite get my head around those air fryers. I only see the bad foods, like french fries, cheese sticks, chicken things that are breaded and coated with stuff, go in. I don't eat that stuff and I NEVER buy any of it. So what about the good stuff that can be done?  Maybe I haven't seen those presentations; and what I did watch, all I saw was burnt edges--not very appetizing--maybe too much time? Think I won't bother.

It's a way to have French fries and cheese sticks healthier by not frying in oil. I love cheese and potatoes! You can make all sorts of food in one. The Blue Jean Chef Air Fryer cookbook has all sorts of healthy eating in it. Like her other cookbooks.

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

For some reason, I just can't quite get my head around those air fryers. I only see the bad foods, like french fries, cheese sticks, chicken things that are breaded and coated with stuff, go in. I don't eat that stuff and I NEVER buy any of it. So what about the good stuff that can be done?  Maybe I haven't seen those presentations; and what I did watch, all I saw was burnt edges--not very appetizing--maybe too much time? Think I won't bother.

It's a way to have French fries and cheese sticks healthier by not frying in oil. I love cheese and potatoes! You can make all sorts of food in one. The Blue Jean Chef Air Fryer cookbook has all sorts of healthy eating in it. Like her other cookbooks.

@StraytoStay wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

Thought I would never buy one, but I did a few months ago (from QVC).  I use it a lot and have never used any oil in it yet.   I also never buy frozen fries, breaded chicken, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee: DH just informed me that my birthday gift would be late but shipped today. He ordered this product and wondered why I had not ordered one yet. I explained still doing research for the best product and not sure about the size. I made salmon patties the other day and cooked them in only 3 tablespoon of  canola oil but DH said that was to much grease. Have you or anyone else cooked salmon patties in the air fryer? What are your favorite foods for the air fryer? TIA for any suggestions. SouthernBee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Daysdee: DH just informed me that my birthday gift would be late but shipped today. He ordered this product and wondered why I had not ordered one yet. I explained still doing research for the best product and not sure about the size. I made salmon patties the other day and cooked them in only 3 tablespoon of  canola oil but DH said that was to much grease. Have you or anyone else cooked salmon patties in the air fryer? What are your favorite foods for the air fryer? TIA for any suggestions. SouthernBee

I have the fryer Eric was selling on QVC.  I haven't cooked salmon patties, but I have cooked salmon filets without any oil and came out great.  Cooks fast too and no mess.  I like to make open-faced grill cheese as I cannot eat a lot of bread, steak, a burger, fish,  chicken breast or thighs, etc.  Going to try a quesadilla this week.  I haven't used oil on anything yet.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee: Thank you for the information. I am concerned about the size and if a larger air fryer would be better. Also something mentioned about this one does not have an inside basket but really do not understand this type of product. I know DH will be upset if I return this for any reason. He loves to spoil me with gifts but I have tried to explain that the kitchen is my area and please let me do the research and purchasing any kitchen items. First wedding anniversary was awesome because he surprised me with my first stand mixer which I love and use but several friends thought that was a bad anniversary gift. SouthernBee