Respected Contributor

Elizabeth Karmel Silicone Kitchen Forks

[ Edited ]

I got these a couple years ago and just LOVE them..I have used them way more than I ever thought I would...

So this makes me very sad....

I had fried up some meatballs and was stirring up a roux the browned bits, adding flour and making a gravy....when Ir3moved the fork, I was shocked to see that the tip of one of the tines was missing...It had  broken off and was now lost somewhere in my gravy. Not just the silicone broke off but actually part of the metal tip in the silicone also broke off. It was hard to find cause it was black, and kind of blended in, if that makes sense....

Luckily, I was able to find the tip before anyone swallowed it, but I wondered if anybody else had had the same experience? I really love these forks but now I am afraid to use them...well, the other one, which is not damaged.

I Noticed that they are not for sale on the Q anymore nor just about anywhere else. I was wondering if this were the reason for that? Anyone know?

Valued Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Karmel Silicone Kitchen Forks

Thanks for the warning!  I have the forks and a blending spoon.  Got them in red on Amazon though, not the Q (cheaper and free shipping).  I don't use them frequently but I will keep an eye on the fork for missing pieces.  Glad you found the tip and no one ate it.  Wow.

Trusted Contributor

@Mothertrucker What a bummer!  That's the last thing I would have thought would happen to these forks.  I use mine mainly for scrambled eggs. so not real tough on them.  No way a tine should break off.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mothertrucker ...... by the way I love your name 🙃.... sorry this happened to you but glad you were able to find the broken off piece before someone chocked on it ... I doubt you are the only one this happened to .... it’s probably the reason they are not sold anywhere anymore 😱

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't have that happen but I had the spring from metal tongs jump into my pot of soup.  It took a while for me to find it.

Respected Contributor

That is bizarre, they seem to be pretty sturdy.   I never could like mine so they sit in a drawer.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

I would contact Elizabeth Karmel directly. You can do so here:

https://www.elizabethkarmel.com/lets-eat

At the least you should be able to get your money back.

Respected Contributor

@Razzy 7 wrote:

I actually DID that, right around the same time i posted here.. and yesterday Ms Karmel reached out to me and offered to send me a new fork!! What a wonderful gesture!

Now THAT is customer service!!!

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Razzy 7 wrote:

I actually DID that, right around the same time i posted here.. and yesterday Ms Karmel reached out to me and offered to send me a new fork!! What a wonderful gesture!

Now THAT is customer service!!!

Cool.  Can't imagine what happened to yours since it's the first we've seen it here anyway.   One of those bizarre things.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

They really come in handy but we had the same problem as you did. Who knows who ate the tips that came off.

I like to use them to shred up a roll of sausage to make some sausage gravy.