Honored Contributor

Re: Elevation baking any theories or links

On 2/23/2014 kachina624 said:
On 2/23/2014 qualitygal said:

In Colo. Denver was called the Mile High City. I'm not sure, but that area may be the only area I know of for high altitude cooking needing adjustments. I think things like cakes, have it right on the box re what you have to do to adjust for it. Wonder if Google wouldn't have something on it, try "high altitude" cooking, and probably it'll tell somewhere in there, what is considered High altitude. Just my guess, hope it helps.

Albuquerque is the same altitude as Denver. In fact, since it's built on the flank of a mountain, parts of the city are much higher. I live on a mesa above the city at 5500 ft. And I don't make any amendments to my recipes.

I learn something new every day. We've only driven through Albuquerque before. You are so lucky to be living in such a beautiful place!! I love it out there. That's interesting that you haven't made adjustments to recipes. I used to in Denver, to boil water I think and if I made cakes. It was late 70's so it's hard to remember it all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Elevation baking any theories or links

Santa Fe is almost 7,000ft. I'm sure they have to make recipe adjustments. It's the highest US State Capitol.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment