Esteemed Contributor

I.  Can’t.  Even.

Respected Contributor

Wow, I can't believe that is $70.Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

Re: Electric Butter Sprayer

[ Edited ]

I think this is the first time that everyone who posted here thought this item was so outrageously over-priced. 

I remember years ago Presto had a similar product that melted the butter and allowed you to spray it on your food.     I believe I purchased it for less than $20.00.   I used it for quite a while and then ended up donating it.    It was nice but a pain to clean.  

I just wonder if anyone will purchase this gadget for $70.00?   

Honored Contributor

How on earth would you clean something like that?

Respected Contributor

@ I have never had good luck with things that have to charged. Does anyone remember the silver electric knife that the Q sold awhile back ? Mine lasted about a month. Just junk. But the onion helper it came with was something I really still have from it It was a gadget with sikes that held the onion still and you could cut between  the slices. But a outlet has to promised to the butter sprayer, and You know someone will forget to plug the butter sprayer back in . My opinion on it, Pass !!!

Respected Contributor

Too bad because it is a good idea.  After reading this thread who would admit to ordering it?  LOL 

Honored Contributor

They said to clean it you just put a drop of soap into it with water, and spray.  I've had trouble getting butter off things with a sinkful of soapy water and a dishcloth... I can't imagine it cleaning the device with a drop of soap and a spray.  I bought the olive oil sprayer and wound up donating it... the oil sprays nicely... on the food..... and everything around it.  Big mess 👎🏽

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@Sooner Probably best to move on from that purchase.

Respected Contributor

Look.  There are a "gazillion" things retailers invent to get you to spend money.  If you look at this item, or any item, from that perspective, you'll have answered your own question.

Honored Contributor

It was a rhetorical question meant to start an open discussion on a new product.