Honored Contributor

Anybody think eggs are tasting strange nowdays ? I bought some walmart, ate one and said Eww threw them out. Went to United bought some and tasted just like the walmart ones.

They feeding chickens some kind of new stuff or something

Some kind of new Gov. requirement. ?

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Anybody think eggs are tasting strange nowdays ? I bought some walmart, ate one and said Eww threw them out. Went to United bought some and tasted just like the walmart ones.

They feeding chickens some kind of new stuff or something

Some kind of new Gov. requirement. ?

@SharkE   They taste the same to me.  Usually have one or two in the mornings for breakfast.

Honored Contributor

I always get excellent pasture raised eggs from Aldi.  In my last dozen I had four with double yolks! 

Trusted Contributor

We buy Nellie's Eggs, and they are always delicious. 

“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

After doing a side-by-side comparison recently we are buying only Eggland's at this point.  We found that compared to Walmart eggs the shells were quite a bit thicker, the yolks were bigger and better centered, and they had a good consistent taste.

I haven't noticed anything off in them and I just had two boiled ones in salad for lunch.  

Esteemed Contributor

EGG's-BEST are absolutely the BEST.........for short        called EB

Vitamins D - E - B2 -B12 - B5 plus 125mg Omega 3

25^ less saturated fat than regular eggs

Veggie Fed Hens

Does TX carry them?

Honored Contributor

My eggs taste great!  However I purchase them directly from the farm where you can see the chickens roaming out in the pasture.

Honored Contributor

I've always thought eggs taste nasty.  I can't eat them unless they're heavily flavored with something else like meat, veggies or cheese.  I rarely eat them.  I buy them for cooking and when they start to get old, I hard cook them and give them to the dogs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

There is an Eggland's Best farm near us and the foreman said those hens eat better than he does!

Their hens are fed a very strict diet on a schedule!

Yes, the eggs are better!

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

My eggs taste great!  However I purchase them directly from the farm where you can see the chickens roaming out in the pasture.

@haddon9    They are always the best kind of eggs.