Esteemed Contributor

I picked up some for my mom about a week ago and paid approx. $3.50 at our local smalltown grocery store.  A few days later I went to the next bigger city over from me and got them at Meijer for $.49.  I walked past the cooler and they were out.  About 10 or 15 minutes later I walked past it again and they had just been restocked.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@RedTopOther way around except maybe for a special sale in my  years of shopping -  and this year what with Easter and Passover so close and so many people at home, I can't imagine it's difficult to sell eggs at any price.

So far I haven't purchased any more eggs than usual which means not many and not often.  When I hit the day I can't afford eggs that's going to mean the nation is in way deeper doo-doo than even I imagine sometimes.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops,

I am on the southern end of WV, and there are several large egg farms near this area.  My privately owned grocery store buys eggs for all of their WV stores, from one of the largest farms over the WV/VA line.   Eggs are usually around $1 a dozen close to Easter, but NOT this year!   I have 6 dozen in my overflow fridge, so we’re good.   

Honored Contributor

@RedTopWow!  I wouldn't want all the eggs, but I never think of WV as agricultural/farming territory.  Thanks for that easy lesson.

Respected Contributor

Yesterday at BJ's, I paid $9.97 for 5 dozen large eggs.  I believe they use to be around $6.  3 dozen pack were around $6 or $7.  Not too sure about that price, but it's close.  Reason I bought 5 dozen is to share them with family.  

Still no TP and paper towels and other paper products.  Bought a large pack of "cheap" 9"-white paper plates.  600 in package $17.  Thought that was a tad expensive.  

Honored Contributor

I picked up 2 dz Organic brown eggs for $2.49 dz when they were on sale.

Honored Contributor

I generally pay around $2.50 (give/take a few cents) for a dozen medium or large.  I don't know the brand - gray cardboard egg box with green lettering.  

Like someone else mentioned .... usually price goes up a bit around Easter.  But - this year I didn't notice an increase.

One thing I have noticed recently - eggs don't taste as good as they used to!  I find myself making omelets with lots of tasty stuff in the mixture!

Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure if this factors in to the issue with eggs but have read that food suppliers had been distributing something like half of the food supply for restaurants, and now many restaurants are closed or downsized in their business; plus, so many more people are home now. So, as a result, the suppliers have had to figure out and shift packaging from commercial to home use.

Honored Contributor

purchased a package of three dozen large eggs at sams club yesterday in the baltimore area. it cost $5.62.....so $1.87 a dozen.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein