Valued Contributor

Egg Harbor Faroe Island Salmon Fillets

Egg Harbor Faroe Island Salmon Fillets

My sister ordered them and misplaced the instructions.

Should  I defrost before baking them?

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Egg Harbor Faroe Island Salmon Fillets

[ Edited ]

I am looking at the book that came with it and it says some items can be cooked from frozen but read the label on each product.

I thawed out the salmon and baked in the oven.

I would not cook from frozen and I used my own recipe instead of the one in the book.

Trusted Contributor

Check the item video, it should tell you. I am on auto delivery and I am pretty sure they say it is best to thaw overnight. Take it out of the package; don't defrost in the wrapper. 

Trusted Contributor

@AlsaceGal   If you are cooking them in the oven or frying pan, defrost them.

But when I do them in my air fryer sometimes I forget to take them out and I cook them from frozen and they come out perfect,  I just do it a few minutes longer.

Respected Contributor

I bought them when they were the TSV. First time trying this brand and they were awesome !  Instructions say thaw unwrapped, season (I used the season packet that came with them) bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Delicious !!  Wish I could buy them locally !

Respected Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

Check the item video, it should tell you. I am on auto delivery and I am pretty sure they say it is best to thaw overnight. Take it out of the package; don't defrost in the wrapper. 

Yes that is correct.  i just put one in the fridge tonight.  You take it out of the plastic wrap and then defrost covered in the fridge.  I sprinkle the spice mix they came with on it too.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been thawing mine and cooking on my Blackstone griddle.  Best way I like them so far.

I don't take out of plastic when thawing.  Why?

Honored Contributor

I never thaw salmon before cooking. I've fixed them a number of ways.

There are a million ways to cook salmon and what is on the package is not the only way. Google it.

Put in a skillet and place in the oven.  Grill outside in a grill pan. Roast. Bake. Turn when halfway cooked. Wrap in foil and bake with lemon etc.

Add spices or lemon juice or butter when nearing completion. Season with whatever you want. Or don't season at all.

I usually lay a small piece of foil over the top of the pan if it's going in the oven so the salmon doesn't get too done on the outside first. I don't put the foil back on when I turn the salmon.

I've done it many ways but this is just an idea where to start.

Valued Contributor

@nada54 

Thank you, I put them in fridge to defrost they should be defrosted by lunch.

'Thank you.

Valued Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 

Thank you. I took two out of package and have then in fridge to defrost.

'Should be ready for lunch.