Honored Contributor

Easy, tasty unbaked baked potatoes

I scrub potatoes with a brush, put into a saucepan of water, turn the water on high.  Bring it to a boil, cover it, turn it down to a medium-low.  Depending on the size, they will be done in the same amount of time it takes for an oven-baked potato.  Place on microwave pan, split potato open (which may have already happened) and place butter inside it, sprinkle with garlic salt or use garlic butter.  Stick it in microwave for 30-45 seconds. Remove and sprinkle with parsley flakes. Best baked potato I ever ate.

Respected Contributor

Re: Easy, tasty unbaked baked potatoes

We always called that a boiled potato.  Good, but definitely not the same as a fluffy inside, crispy skin baked potato.

Honored Contributor

That's a boiled potato in my book.  I prefer a real baked potato, but there are good meals you can make with a boiled potato.

I just like potatoes any way you cook them.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I scrub potatoes with a brush, put into a saucepan of water, turn the water on high.  Bring it to a boil, cover it, turn it down to a medium-low.  Depending on the size, they will be done in the same amount of time it takes for an oven-baked potato.  Place on microwave pan, split potato open (which may have already happened) and place butter inside it, sprinkle with garlic salt or use garlic butter.  Stick it in microwave for 30-45 seconds. Remove and sprinkle with parsley flakes. Best baked potato I ever ate.

Thank you! I'm always on the lookout for good potato recipes!

Honored Contributor

Why not just microwave it from the start and have it ready to eat in 7 or 8 minutes? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would wash it, butter it, poke a whole or two in it and stick it in a very hot over for an hour or more to get that fluffy interior and a very crispy skin!  

That's about the only way (and french fries) I like potatoes. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why not just microwave it from the start and have it ready to eat in 7 or 8 minutes? 

I'm with you @Kachina624- 4 potatoes, 12 minutes, turn and rearrange halfway through. If I'm waiting for other sides to be ready I'll wrap them in foil. Delicious!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Sound good but it seems easier to me to just throw them in the oven. LOL.

Respected Contributor

I want a crispy skin on a baked potato to contrast the fluffy inside. Like the different textures.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I would wash it, butter it, poke a whole or two in it and stick it in a very hot over for an hour or more to get that fluffy interior and a very crispy skin!  

That's about the only way (and french fries) I like potatoes. 

@Sooner I've never buttered them before baking. We usually lightly oil and kosher salt them before baking. The butter sounds great. Have to try!