Honored Contributor

Easy Way To Make Bar Cookies

[ Edited ]

Years ago, I got SO tired of the corner piece exploding or looking less nice, I thought.....I'll line the 9 x 13 with aluminum foil, spray the sides and bottom well.  After baking, I pulled the entire piece up and placed on a cutting board right next to the casserole!  Works like a charm.  Today, I used the wide heavy duty, and the sides are covered much better.  I'll definitely remember this!!!!Smiley Happy

20201219_171420.jpg

20201219_171444.jpg

Occasional Contributor

Re: Easy Way To Make Bar Cookies

I do the same thing with everything--especially brownies.  But I like the non stick aluminum foil even better!

Honored Contributor

@ocgal3 wrote:

I do the same thing with everything--especially brownies.  But I like the non stick aluminum foil even better!

@ocgal3 

Today, I was short of the regular foil and realized I had some wide for the grill.  Non stick would be a better choice, especially with that butterscotch pecan bar cookie  in the 9 x 13 picture.  It has TWO cups of pecans.  Sinful with coffee!!!Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Looks so delicious! Your edges and corners do look nice; I've used parchment paper and it doesn't work nearly as well as the foil. 

We always end up with the grilling foil. Someone in the house buys it and seldom uses it (and I always use it as a last resort, too)! 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ocgal3 wrote:

@ocgal3 

Today, I was short of the regular foil and realized I had some wide for the grill.  Non stick would be a better choice, especially with that butterscotch pecan bar cookie  in the 9 x 13 picture.  It has TWO cups of pecans.  Sinful with coffee!!!Smiley Happy

@ocgal3 

Enjoy!!!!!Smiley Happy

Butterscotch Bars

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Line a 9 x 13 inch casserole with aluminum foil which should go past the ends about 8 inches.  The extra will be handles to lift the cooled block of cookies to cut.

Grease or spray pan and aluminum well.

4 Eggs

1  (16 oz) box light brown sugar

2    Cups Bisquick

2    Cups chopped pecans or walnut

1     6 oz  pkg. butterscotch morsels

1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat eggs with hand mixture until frothy.

Gradually beat in sugar until thick.

Stir in vanilla, biscuit mix, chopped nuts, and butterscotch morsels.

Spread into greased  9 x 13 in. pan.

Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.

Cool and cut.  Top will shatter.  Yield two dozen.

Honored Contributor

I just did this yesterday when I made fudge. So much easier!

Honored Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

Looks so delicious! Your edges and corners do look nice; I've used parchment paper and it doesn't work nearly as well as the foil. 

We always end up with the grilling foil. Someone in the house buys it and seldom uses it (and I always use it as a last resort, too)! 

@Mellyg 

Thank you.  I was really, low on foil, and happened to see the heavy duty pushed back on another shelf!  I'v had "the handles" break off before, but it won't be with this!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I learned this trick from Martha Stewart -

I use parchment cut to size w/overlapover the sides - clip with binder clip -when I remove its in a "sling style" easy liftout of pan.

It works great! I use it for alot when making bar cookies or brownies.

(I buy sheets of parchment from local restaurant supply.  I think they are full size pre-cut sheets - I cut them to size.  You get 100 sheets for $8.95.)

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Thank you.  Parchment won't fit into the corners.  I had thought of that.

Aluminum is working well and molds to fit.

Honored Contributor

I'll be lining a pan next week to make cookie bars with M&M's.  I saw a family member at an outside event (Santa rode through the neighborhood on a fire truck) and his kids love them. I only recently started using foil for lining pans and it works great.