Honored Contributor

I bought the set of three Evo Oil sprayers and they never sprayed like they did on air.  It's more of a fast stream of oil -- no fine, wide spray whatsoever.  Totally defeats the purpose I intended because I had to keep spraying to get enough coverage, hence, too much oil used. 

Then my son made homemade pizza one day and likes garlic oil around the crust before he puts it in the oven to bake.  He tried the Evo sprayers and absolutely loved the single spray directed all around the crust.  I gave all of them to him.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like my EVO sprayer. No problem at all with rancidity and it sprays for me exactly as shown in the demonstrations. The key is to depress it quickly and firmly. I can also get the smaller, sort of a stream-like spray, by depressing slowly but I love the wide coverage that covers everything using much less oil.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: EVO oil sprayer

[ Edited ]

I think misters do a much better job of broad coverage because that's what they're designed for. I highly recommend the non-aerosol version from Hall & Perry, which is available on Amazon and at some kitchen supply stores; I bought it to replace my Kuhn Rikon misters when they broke down after many years of use.

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2

I tried your suggestion of pressing the sprayer "quickly and firmly", and it worked great.

The spray was perfect and it did not leave an oily mess around the nozzle.

I was getting a little fed up with my EVO sprayer until you came to the rescue!!

Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1, that's great. I'm so glad it worked for you. Pulling the trigger slowly and lightly isn't going to cover the area the way they demonstrate on TV. You've got to give it a little something sugar (as Babette from Gilmore Girls would say).

Of course if you're not a Gilmore Girls fan you might think it's weird that I just called you sugar, lol! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I also had an oil mister and it never worked right.  I now buy olive oil in a spray can (in the Butter Pam section).  It's Bertollis (SP?) brand. 

Respected Contributor

Re: EVO oil sprayer

[ Edited ]

@@SusieQ_2

I tested your advice by putting a dry paper towel in my stainless steel sink.  Gave the EVO sprayer a quick-and-firm squirt, and the spray pattern on the dry towel was exactly as it should have looked........a fan shape.

Again, thanks so much.  I was about to disown this puppy, no matter how handy it is to have around.

We live and learn from others every day!