Esteemed Contributor

@SeaGal

Eddy and I are doin' great today, aside from eating too much pumpkin pie ice cream!

We bought the same color, charcoal/slate!  And, imho, it's a beautiful color!  Glad you ordered Meredith's cookbook.  The one that comes with this AF is small - just enough to get you going.  There's a b/o recipe in this booklet - wish I knew Eric's sauce recipe!

What I think is a good feature on this AF is that there's a little plastic thing on the basket and you slide it over the pushbutton that separates the frying pan from the basket unit.  This prevents you from grabbing the unit and accidentally pressing the button to separate the pans:  something I could, otherwise, very likely do!

Think we'll both enjoy this AF - hope so anyways!  And, who knows, your DH may be cooking meals for you!!!  If Eddy would only learn to cook for me, it would be nirvana!  But, his paws are too big so that won't work.Woman LOL  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@StuckinNJ: Have not heard of peanut chicken. Do you have time to share a recipe? I need to clean out my freezer and start preparing for the holidays. When I bake pound cakes and banana bread normally cook two and bake in the small loaf pans for the freezer. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme: Hope you and Eddy feel better. The ice cream sounds wonderful. I resisted the temptation to order a recipe book hoping I can find enough information on line. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@eddyandme: The air fryer for my friends Christmas gift is still on the counter and the box fits under the counter😀. We also love roasted vegetables and the air fryer should make it easier. When I cook a whole chicken - l just rub it with a little olive oil and sprinkle with lemon pepper. I am thinking positive about this and all the possibilities. Southern Bee 

@SouthernBee

I am looking forward to all the possiblities with vegis too, lovvve brussel sprouts, try diffent things on carrots, all the squashes coming up now, oh my, making myself hungry!! 

I wish I had this this summer. Turning the oven on was brutal some days  wow. Looking forward to that aspect too.

Neat, a whole hour with Jill and the AF coming on now.

Super Contributor

I got one, same color the slate. Fingers are crossed. Sad to read the cake pan is so small. It looks so huge so I hope it earns it keep!  It seems I can get talked into anything.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Can you fiil it up? I'm watching Eric and he just covers the bottom with food on most things. 

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme

goldenlocks, I have an Eddy too but he is a cat, all shiney black. He is getting on in yrs now and that is tuff. He will love the AF as we eat alot of chicken but he would protest having to cook for us. Ive got my guys pretty spoiled.   Smiley Very Happy

Nice they made a better handle so no oops moments losing your food! Sounds like something I might do. Yes slate we both got slate, not charcoal.

I keep hubs out of the kitchen except to rinse his dishes, he scares me in there!! Would be good for him if I am out and not looking tho ha. We have a deal, he does the yard, I do the kitchen. Takes most the day just to mow front and back, and the hedges, oiy! One kaveat, I do most the flowers, he weeds. He's such a great weeder!!

Esteemed Contributor

I think the booklet has enough recipes and it's just a matter of getting confortable with it, @SouthernBee.

@SouthernBeeand @SeaGal  I have a recipe suggestion, hope you don't mind:

I have a dog who literally loves fruit and veggies.  So, may I suggest just simply tossing the carrots or brussels, etc. in EVOO with some sealsalt and fresh pepper.  Then I'd fry it until a little blackened.  I do this when cooking hot dogs and veggies on the stove all the time so it'll be easier, I'm sure, in the AF.  And though I'm not a good cook, I often add a little cumin, tumeric, cinnamon, chili seasoning (anti-cancer herbs) sprinkled over veggies for taste - much less fattening than cream sauce or butter and a snap to make!

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaGal

Well, my Eddy chose his name.  I agreed to foster him (I flunked and was his third and final) and he had been called Shadow.  He's a beautiful black beauty, too, with a little white trim in front, kinda like a tux!  So we not only have a slate AF but each have beautiful furbabies in common!

My Eddy, I was told was 10yrs/30lbs.  When he got here was told 8yrs/54lbs.  My vet who used to come to the house for my precious Jade who had metastatic bone cancer, agreed this year to take Eddy on as a patient 'cause year before I took him to the vet (also a friend of hers) Eddy weighed 64lbs - too heavy for me to lift into jeep (Eddy had had a severed spine previously and now that he's a lot better doesn't realize he can jump up into the car) - sorry for the way too long explanation, but we did a combo of easter-western medicine for Jade and I learned various foods good for fighting cancer.  I must have been writing same time as you, but just want to mention I mentioned the herbs I try to incorporate and perhaps might help your Eddy live to a riipe old age.

Contributor

Sure.  I'm working on a new laptop.  I will get my old one, as it is where the recipes all are.  It is EASY.