Honored Contributor

@Barbidoll1175: My first order was made on 9/27 and delivered on 10/3. Hope QVC can cancel the order and send another one expedited shipping. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

I wish I could trust this brand for Christmas gifts.  If they won't cover problems longer than 60 days, that tells me something.  Plus it is marketed by the same company that markets a number of 3rd rate products (Tristar Products), maybe Copper Chef is one of the better of them and explains why Eric is presenting this air fryer.

I've been using a Philips air fryer for 2 years with no issues, still looks good and works fine.  I wonder how many of these Elite Air Fryers will be working 2 years later.  Maybe I'll kick myself then.

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee

So sorry for your friends' loss.  Few things can hurt more than the loss of a furbaby.  Morgan will pick out the perfect pup for them - that I know first-hand.  

You can be Eddy's Auntie.  Once terrified of people, he runs to everyone and greets them with loving kisses.  He will certainly love having another Auntie!

Watch for signs, when you're missing Morgan the most:  Morgan will surprise you when you least expect!

Black if pretty too; I've got black appliances, but purchased the Slate.  Hope we both enjoy.  And, here's ((hugs)) from Eddy!

Respected Contributor

I called my son, told him to tune in, look at it.  He said the slate looked good to him.  It's on it's way.  So much for surprise gifts.  LOL  Better to be happy with it, hope it holds up.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme: Thank you for the kind words . Hugs and Kisses to Eddy. My friend just called . I had plan to call later today because thought they were busy and not ready to talk. They had just returned home from the vet and very difficult to walk into the empty house. 

I know others are still posting concerns about the air fryer but for the price and easy pay willing to try. I was tempted to get the slate color. I measured under my counter space . All my other appliances are kept on a cart in another room but planning to keep this on the counter and probably use more often. I found a few suggestions on cooking the bacon and that will be a big plus to contain the mess and possibly odor. Several suggested putting a little water in the bottom reduces the smoke. Also, excited about reheating left over sandwiches and other things . Excited about able to cook a whole chicken because store bought rotisserie chickens are expensive if not on sale. Southern Bee 

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@eddyandme: Thank you for the kind words . Hugs and Kisses to Eddy. My friend just called . I had plan to call later today because thought they were busy and not ready to talk. They had just returned home from the vet and very difficult to walk into the empty house. 

I know others are still posting concerns about the air fryer but for the price and easy pay willing to try. I was tempted to get the slate color. I measured under my counter space . All my other appliances are kept on a cart in another room but planning to keep this on the counter and probably use more often. I found a few suggestions on cooking the bacon and that will be a big plus to contain the mess and possibly odor. Several suggested putting a little water in the bottom reduces the smoke. Also, excited about reheating left over sandwiches and other things . Excited about able to cook a whole chicken because store bought rotisserie chickens are expensive if not on sale. Southern Bee 

Thanx, @SouthernBee.  My house (my parents built apx 70yrs ago) has apx 14" from counter to cabinet lip and it fits under it.  So, I'm sure it will fit nicely on your counter.  I have mine in the corner and can easily pull out when cooking.

Imho it's healthier cooking - especially the store-bought chickens,  ya never know what they put on them!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme: The air fryer for my friends Christmas gift is still on the counter and the box fits under the counter😀. We also love roasted vegetables and the air fryer should make it easier. When I cook a whole chicken - l just rub it with a little olive oil and sprinkle with lemon pepper. I am thinking positive about this and all the possibilities. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

Re: ELITE AIR FRYER TSV

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme wrote:

FYI, @SeaGal, sounds like a plan!  I've been buying used books when on amazonsmile.

Just got three used books - in very good condition - for under 5ea, including tax, if any, and shpg (2 california pizza and 1 panera bread!).

Hope we both enjoy our purchases.  BTY, what color you getting?

@eddyandme

Hi goldenlocks, I hope all is well with you today  Smiley Happy

I did it , I finally did it! I was still hemming and hawing on getting the TSV but like I said I have really wanted one and this is it, this is the one. I picked the charcoal but now says it is on Advanced order for 10/7 but that is fine. I did just go over to Amazon and got Meridiths Air Fry Everything cookbook, I didnt look under Amazonsmile as I forgot but thats ok too. I need to remember that, thank you for the tip. So I will get my book in 2 days, plenty of time to look over and learn any tips before receiving my AF.

Remember I mentioned the Blooming Onion? I guess I looked over the BGC AF books in the recent past, must be where I saw the Bl O as it is in the her AF Everything cb, I must have read it in the reviews, yeah! I cant wait to start trying my creations out on hubby, he eats anything and everything! Grrr and doesnt gain a pound, Im jelly!!

If you pulled the trigger what color did you get? I see you were contemplated the teal or charcoal. That teal looked nice too.

Honored Contributor

@StuckinNJ: Thanks for the wonderful suggestions and cooking tips. I thought the air fryer might help on the days that I have no energy and need to prepare something. I love all my kitchen toys : pressure cooker, slow cooker, vitamix, small food processor, stand mixer. When able try to prepare different foods and have something in the freezer. DH tried to get me to order the instant pot but I have the Cuisinart pressure cooker. Southern Bee 

Highlighted
Contributor

@SouthernBee  I have the same pressure cooker, and saw no difference between it and an instant pot.  I am missing the instant pot fascination.

Cooking is like sewing and woodworking.  It is miserable if you are trying to make do.  I didn't acquire everything all at once.  And, I was given great advice.  Never buy a complete set of anything.  Buy for the function.  No one makes a set that does everything perfectly. So, I have a mixture of Calphalon, now called the Classic, and Le Crueset.  I prefer the stick resistent classic to the new non-stick, though, I have one non-stick for eggs.  I do not care that everything on my rack doesn't match.  It was purchased because of what it could do, not how it looks.

One thing I do that is a real time saver is crock pot lasagna.  I purchase the large sheets at the market, or, when I'm interested in playing, I make them.  I make 3 batches of filling, and freeze it.  I also freeze things in those Reynolds bags, then transfer them to a siploc bag.  Then, I can pull the bag out, and put it into the crock pot.  We prefer it with Prego, or an easy sauce I make.  

Our freezer is always filled because I have a cook one make 3 rule.  Two always go in the freezer.  

Do you like peanut chicken?