Honored Contributor

We used to just turn the oven on to warm up the kitchen................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

LOL

i would be too scared that i would forget that i had turned it on and then left the house for the day.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

desertDi wrote:

I'd feel compelled to bake something...shudder.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@rnin85 <why present the item during his show. >

to sell it? QVC is a shopping channel.  I have to admit I did  a double take and looked at screen then clock to see if I was confused! Successful sales depends on making the customer need an item . Smiley Happy 

I guess technically as other posters have mentioned you may want a heater in the kitchen just like a bose for music or clean your floors with vaccum TSV. I have a small kitchen and can hardly find room for any more small appliances let alone a heater, but know people with large cold kitchens that could probably use one.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure you're right, and it's their choice anyway. The Sunday kitchen show is the only one I watch all week. But when they go off on a non kitchen tangent I turn it off, and I seldom remember to tune back in. I must not miss it very much!

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

I'm sure you're right, and it's their choice anyway. The Sunday kitchen show is the only one I watch all week. But when they go off on a non kitchen tangent I turn it off, and I seldom remember to tune back in. I must not miss it very much!

@KaySD I am the same way.  I watch but then something will come on that for me doesn't fit into the show and off I wander usually never to return.

Actually, since I rarely am on QVC's home page, ever since someone told me you can preview what will be on the show I now give that a glance so I know if there is one thing in particular I would like to see to stick around so I don't miss it.

Super Contributor

It wasn't that long ago that QVC did NOT put the tsv on shows that was not related to it in some way. Wonder what happened

Respected Contributor

I consider myself a pretty well-rounded person and though I pretty much ony watch ITKWD on the Q, I am certainly not adverse to being presented with "non-kitchen" (and that could be a matter of opinion, many people have fireplces in their kitchens)..items that are a SpecialValue...

I mind it WAY less than those "targeted" ads that pop up constantly when I am on the internet!

Honored Contributor

They are doing this because David sells and big time.

They have a regular large captive audience during In the Kitchen, and they know that people will stick around for the rest of the show. 

David will sell an item, when no other host can. He just has a very large following and is great at his job. The company is taking advantage of both of those.

I don't like it either, and I tend to tune away if it is a vacuum or a bed and I never come back for the rest of the show. 

Honored Contributor
For the most part, they do it with any and nearly every program, the TSV is scheduled to be aired throughout the day. I don't care for that, either, but, it's their party.
"To each their own, in all things".