Honored Contributor

Ingrew up thinking Miracle Whip was mayonnaise, so that's most likely why Duke's is okay with me.

Honored Contributor

@Reever  I don't dislike it but I do prefer Hellman's and I do think Duke's is wildly over-rated. Discussion of this brand seems to happen often on these forums and while there are some who swear by the brand, I'll pass.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Thanks. I like Hellman's light. DH likes Miracle Whip yuck.

So I take it Dukes is similar to Miracle Whip which I hate? I don't like that wang to it. DH would like Dukes.

Honored Contributor

Shame on David! I hope they fire him for forcing you to buy mayonnaise you ended up not liking.  

Honored Contributor

We're a Duke's only household. Glad I found this sugar free option that fits our lifestyle.  

Honored Contributor

I am extremely sensitive to sour and tart.  We use Dukes.  

Mayonaise, is apparently, a very personal taste.  I never disliked Hellmans, I just saw Dukes more as I grew up.  It is said they are very similar.

What I can't stand is a lot of lemon in a mayonaise, but that's a brand of salad dressing in a jar used like mayo.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Shame on David! I hope they fire him for forcing you to buy mayonnaise you ended up not liking.  

😄

Respected Contributor

I know some people use mayonnaise as a substitute for butter when making grilled cheese sandwiches or in some baking.I would see how I liked using it that way before I would through it out.

Respected Contributor

I despise them all, regardless of the name brand on the label. If it's got mayo of any type in it, I'm not eating it! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Thanks. I like Hellman's light. DH likes Miracle Whip yuck.

So I take it Dukes is similar to Miracle Whip which I hate? I don't like that wang to it. DH would like Dukes.

oh no!  Duke's does not taste like Miracle Whip, not at all.  I can eat either Duke's or Hellman's, but not Miracle Whip ( unless I am making a chocolate Miracle Whip cake, or Macaroni or potato salad.)

Dukes is Mayo, real Mayo without a ton of sugar in it, it is not super sweet like MW, which is not Mayo. Hellman's is sweeter than Dukes.

I have all three items in my fridge and I have an unopened bottle of Kraft Mayo in my pantry.