Esteemed Contributor

Re: Drum Roll ITKWD Big Surprise

I have his first cookbook and I like it.   I use both cookbooks and online recipes.  When we downsized I donated about 20 cookbooks (all that were given to me over the years,

some from passed on relatives, etc)  to the local library.   They were like new, never used for the most part.  Our libraries have those book bins outside in the parking lot so I just dumped them all in there.  I'm sure someone will use them.  I just kept my favorites and David's was one of them.

Trusted Contributor

Just a reminder of the fiasco the last time he introduced a new cookbook. Lots of people (including me) jumped in to order it the first time he showed it, as we were told it was a special price. Then, closer to the launch, they had it at the same price PLUS free shipping, which we did not get. And when many of us tried to cancel that order and reorder, since the book wasn't even released yet, we were told it was too old of an order and they wouldn't do it.

Thanks to the social team handling multiple requests, they credited the S&H. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Those of us who order right away add to the discussion of "XXXX many have already been ordered" over the next 6 months and we get burned. Not this time!

Valued Contributor

I have David's first two cookbooks.  I think I missed the third one.  What was it about?

Trusted Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

Well so much for not showing the TSV on ITKWD.  I just give up on this show.  Too much  false fawning over mediocre products.  I am going to go out and enjoy our nice weather. David can drink his wine while,listening to the Bose guy drone on.

He shows the TSV every Sunday in his shows.  That is the format.  I did change the channel when it came on as I already have a Bose and have had one for like 15 years.  One of my better purchases from QVC.  I came right back though.  I don't have much going on on Sundays and I love Davids shows.

Respected Contributor

I have a drawer full of cookbooks, and cook the same thing all the time. I don't want or need anymore !!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@rockygems123   Yes, I  was glad to see this  announcemennt  and that the book can be pre-ordered starting on  June 6th.

I have his three earlier books and willl happily add this one to my  cookbook collection.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

It is available for pre-order on Amazon now.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

Talk about striking while the iron is hot. Cook books, coffee mugs, some other gadget I forget, spoon holder maybe. Might as well rake it in while your popularity is at an all time high. 

Next up how about a little toy David that you wind it up and it goes around in circles yelling "git it git it". 

Esteemed Contributor

@manny2  and @QVCkitty1  The post I was commenting on was deleted.  I found it to be bad taste, that's all....my opinion, just like that was theirs.  

It isn't mean to say you don't want to buy his cookbook.  I for one, don't want a cookbook.  I hate to cook!  LOL

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@manny2  and @QVCkitty1  The post I was commenting on was deleted.  I found it to be bad taste, that's all....my opinion, just like that was theirs.  

It isn't mean to say you don't want to buy his cookbook.  I for one, don't want a cookbook.  I hate to cook!  LOL

@tends2dogs , Sorry, misunderstandings are so easy ,I didn't know a post was deleted. 🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I didn't see David's announcement.  Did he say what his new cookbook would be about?  He's already had a couple of books dedicated to comfort food and shortcuts, and another one was a little bit of everything.