Honored Contributor

Re: Driving 8 hours - Looking For Great Thanksgiving Dish / Item

Sounds like you will be going at least 400 miles, so I would take something from a candy store or bakery that is exclusive to your own area.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I like the idea of a loaf of pumpkin or banana bread. Even if the menu is planned, the hostess could easily slice the bread and put it on a plate.

Frequent Contributor

Well I would like to say Thank You to everyone for all the great ideas. I think I am going to do the pumpkin bread, maybe in a bundt pan or one of those decorative pans. Sprinkle some confectioner's sugar when I get there. Or I might take sfnative's Cream Cheese Glaze in the cooler with me. I love the idea of candy or chocolate too so may try to pick up some River Street praelines. Thanks everyone and have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!

Respected Contributor

I would take cookies.

Honored Contributor

On 11/25/2014 iQue said:

Well I would like to say Thank You to everyone for all the great ideas. I think I am going to do the pumpkin bread, maybe in a bundt pan or one of those decorative pans. Sprinkle some confectioner's sugar when I get there. Or I might take sfnative's Cream Cheese Glaze in the cooler with me. I love the idea of candy or chocolate too so may try to pick up some River Street praelines. Thanks everyone and have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!

There is a Betty Crocker pumpkin cake (bundt) recipe that I copied from this forum a while back. It's very easy (uses Bisquick) and very good. I might have revised it just a bit, as I tend to do, but I've made this several times - whenever I happen to have a couple eggs that need to get used, as I always have all the other ingredients on hand. It's a lovely bundt cake.

Frequent Contributor

On 11/25/2014 chickenbutt said:
On 11/25/2014 iQue said:

There is a Betty Crocker pumpkin cake (bundt) recipe that I copied from this forum a while back. It's very easy (uses Bisquick) and very good. I might have revised it just a bit, as I tend to do, but I've made this several times - whenever I happen to have a couple eggs that need to get used, as I always have all the other ingredients on hand. It's a lovely bundt cake.

Thank you for your suggestion. Everyone is always so very helpful and it is much appreciated. I actually have made a Pumpkin Pound Cake from this site and it was very good and moist. So I think I will make that one in the bundt pan.