Regular Contributor

He's a quack!!

It is what it is!!!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Sounds very similar to the diet I've been following for almost a year now. Lost 23 lbs and have kept it off. No hunger, either. I follow a modified Paleo diet.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor
On 1/9/2015 morganjen said:

Sounds very similar to the diet I've been following for almost a year now. Lost 23 lbs and have kept it off. No hunger, either. I follow a modified Paleo diet.

What is your modified Paleo? THX

Valued Contributor

This is the best way to eat.......but people don't want to give up their processed junk food.

Valued Contributor

Hey BooBoo2 sorry it took me so long but now that you mention it, I don't taste the ginger and I like ginger. I will add more when I make it again. Hope that helps.

Respected Contributor

I love the Epsom salt and baking soda bath. I have fibro and retain water to the tune of 10-15 pounds, up and down, that is me. This has helped my swollen knee and whole body. I'm doing another one tonight!

Respected Contributor

I think that eliminating all the foods you love best is a bad way to try to lose weight. I would take whatever recommendations work for you and use them, but I wouldn't follow it to the letter. I agree that protein-rich foods give you energy and fight hunger for hours.

One important suggestion I'd add is don't buy big bags or boxes of snack foods or other high-calorie foods. Get a single serving or a the smallest bag of popcorn or chips and have that. It's better to shop frequently than to bring too much temptation into the house.

Trusted Contributor

Remember, this is they guy who had to testify in Congress a few months ago about all the bogus health & diet claims on his show.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/17/health/senate-grills-dr-oz/

Trusted Contributor

I like Dr. Oz but to me its another gimmick. Seriously, who really needs to drink lemon water first thing in the morning or limiting yourself to smoothies? In addition I never bought into removing specific food groups. What is wrong with losing just 2 pounds a week? You can eat healthy and still have complex carbs i.e. brown rice, quinoa, pasta, oatmeal etc, healthy fats i.e. walnut oil, avocado oil, flax seed oil, grape seed oil, olive oil, fresh avocado etc, low starch veggies, a variety of fruit etc Have some dessert once a week in addition to adding some exercise and the body fat will come off. Its a matter of eating healthy and getting exercise. BTW, you can also make the Weight Waters Vegetable soup (you can google it) and its a fabulous to have in between meals or before a meal to fill up along with some hummus. When I want to lose a few pounds, I eat healthy and continue my exercise - the weight comes right off. Just lose the sugar, processed foods, and alcohol and you will be surprised how fast the weight & body fat falls off your body.