Trusted Contributor

He re-introduced this yesterday with some modifications over last year's program. Did anyone do it and what were your results? Are you planning to do it this year?

Valued Contributor

I will check it out...

Valued Contributor

Very healthy diet with enough protein to keep you from getting hungry.

Esteemed Contributor

I have not tried this diet, so I cannot personally recommend it. I got curious and looked it up, so I thought I would pass it on:

From examiner.com

Dr. Oz revealed his Total 10 rapid weight loss diet on the Jan. 5 episode of the Dr. Oz Show. Two million people tested Dr. Oz's Total 10 rapid weight loss diet and lost over 8 pounds in 2 weeks.

Dr. Oz said his Total 10 rapid weight loss diet is a modified version of his 2-week rapid weight loss diet, which helped his audience members lose over 1,000 pounds combined, or 9 pounds per person.

Dr. Oz's Total 10 Rapid Weight Loss Diet Plan

1. Drink a cup of hot water with lemon first thing in the morning, as this has been shown to remove toxins and jump-start weight loss.

2. Have a protein-rich smoothie for breakfast.

Dr. Oz's Total 10 Smoothie Recipe ingredients

• 1 cup almond milk
  • 2 tablespoons protein powder
  • 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
  • ½ cup frozen banana
  • ½ cup berries
  • ½ cup ice

3. Eat three high-protein meals a day. Protein-rich meals suppress appetite and boost metabolism. Dr. Oz suggested centering your meals around poultry, fish or eggs, ideally getting 12 grams of protein a day.

4. Consume the Total 10 veggie broth throughout the day. It's low-calorie, high-fiber and curbs hunger.

Dr. Oz's Total 10 Broth Recipe Ingredients

• 3 quarts of water
  • 1 onion
  • 1 cup winter squash
  • 1 cup root vegetables
  • 1 cup greens
  • 2 celery sticks
  • ½ cup cabbage
  • 4 slices ginger
  • 2 garlic coves
  • sea salt

5. You can enjoy unlimited amounts of low glycemic vegetables such as: Artichokes, asparagus, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, squash, snap peas, broccoli, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, celery, cucumber, daikon, eggplant, leeks, lentils, beans, greens, okra, onions, radishes, rutabaga, Swiss chard, zucchini, salad greens, water chestnuts, watercress and peppers.

6. Avoid or limit wheat, artificial sweeteners, alcohol, dairy, processed foods and refined sugar. These foods cause inflammation, which fuel weight gain and disease.

7. You can have one cup of coffee a day. Dr. Oz suggested using almond milk as a sweetener.

Valued Contributor

I made the broth today and it was very good. The amount of salt makes or breaks it though. I didn't add enough so I have to add it to each cup. Still very good.

Regular Contributor
On 1/8/2015 heynan said:

I made the broth today and it was very good. The amount of salt makes or breaks it though. I didn't add enough so I have to add it to each cup. Still very good.

How much of a ""ginger taste"" does the broth have? I am not a big fan but I do know it is good for us.

Frequent Contributor
Thank you BeckiWV for taking the time to post this. Very good information. I'm
Esteemed Contributor

I would be interested in long term results on this diet. I just lost over 20 pounds but not on this plan or anything like it. I do suggest checking into myfitnesspal.com and seeing what others are doing.

Respected Contributor

'Diets' do not work.

Esteemed Contributor

Ok here is my take on this after reading the diet.... In my case NO WAY. And this is coming from someone who just lost weight by eating in moderation, cutting down portion sizes, dumping most desserts, eating fruits and vegetables, becoming more physically active (FitBit activity tracker) and joining a free online group... myfitnesspal.com.

Yes, it was a slow go, but it was a steady weight loss. I am not hungry and I am not choosing foods that I cannot sustain over long periods of time. And my cravings are gone.

As one who has tried many of the "fad" diets which have not really made a difference over long periods of time I can tell you his plan is not going to be a life changer.