Valued Contributor

Don’t play with your food!

QVC goes to a lot of trouble bringing food to viewers but the host duo today yet again prove they are just children playing with their food.  I wondered how many times the cheese would be pulled from the rice balls...made me think of bubble gum.  The smashing and poking with fingers is a turn off.  Have fun but grow up.

Honored Contributor

Re: Don’t play with your food!

If QVC didn't want the hosts to do this they would be told not to do it. 

Trusted Contributor

Not an issue at all!

Honored Contributor

I don't consider it playing with the food but actually showing the texture which is essential before I will buy something!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Gabidog  All of the hosts do that.  Earlier today with a different host it was the same thing.  I don't get why they have to keep digging a fork into items!  What exactly does that show us?  It's a turn off to me.  

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

QVC goes to a lot of trouble bringing food to viewers but the host duo today yet again prove they are just children playing with their food.  I wondered how many times the cheese would be pulled from the rice balls...made me think of bubble gum.  The smashing and poking with fingers is a turn off.  Have fun but grow up.

@Gabidog. People often criticize the techniques the hosts use to sell food but I never see any suggestion on the best way to do it.  So how would you convince the audience that this is a yummy item they'd love, without actually tasting it?  Easy to criticize.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

@Gabidog 

I don't think their handling of food has anything to do with maturity, it's marketing.

Respected Contributor

I really do not like to watch them squishing, mushing, pulling and everything else they do with the food in place of just eating it.  I wish they would just eat it already.  They really do look like kids playing with their food to avoid actually having to eat it, which portrays to me the exact opposite of what they want.  I'm beginning to think that the hosts really DON'T want to eat it because it just isn't that good. 

Valued Contributor

My suggestion would be to watch the food network and see how those folks present food.  It is not taking it into your fists and poking it and squishing it over and over.  It is not stretching cheese until it is two feet long and then twirling it and then yuking  it up to the point of sounding obnoxious.  You put food on a plate, cut it and take a utensil to demonstrate the juiciness or tenderness.  Hopefully before the show the host tastes what is presented and describes the flavor and texture.  Brief prep descriptions needed and ingredients shown.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

My suggestion would be to watch the food network and see how those folks present food.  It is not taking it into your fists and poking it and squishing it over and over.  It is not stretching cheese until it is two feet long and then twirling it and then yuking  it up to the point of sounding obnoxious.  You put food on a plate, cut it and take a utensil to demonstrate the juiciness or tenderness.  Hopefully before the show the host tastes what is presented and describes the flavor and texture.  Brief prep descriptions needed and ingredients shown.

@Gabidog  Yes, that sounds like a good solution. They will just have to keep repeating the food to plate, cut, taste and describe.They will have to keep it up for the allotted time of the product.