Respected Contributor

Does anyone use the Bear Creek soup mixes?

If so, do you add any meat to them or any other ingredients?  Particularly, the beef vegetable and chicken noodle.  My sister & niece love them.

I'd also heard some can be prepared in a slow cooker, but think that may overcook the pasta...

Thanks!

Denise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone use the Bear Creek soup mixes?

[ Edited ]

I buy only the chili, minestrone and beef vegetable soups...for all, I brown ground beef and chopped onion, then follow package directions but I add 1 more cup water  than it lists, and cook for 45 min.-1 hour, little longer than it says.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb   Give Alessi soups a try.  They are also a dry mix and you add water.  Their spilt pea tastes like homemade and their Itlalian bean soups are so good.  FYI

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Yes, I do eat the Bear Creek Soups. And I do add meat , it all depends what my meat mood for the day for what I add. As for the noodles I use my own usually elbow or wide noodles  to medium . And I cook the noodles and just ladle the soup over the cook seperately noodles. 

Honored Contributor

No.  They have too many ingredients that we avoid eating.  If we want soup, I make it from scratch. 

Esteemed Contributor

I do...occasionally .but I "tweak" them to our taste....Most of the time I make soup from scratch though...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you ladies...we also have many homemade soup recipes we've loved over the years, but with age are looking for homemade-like taste from an easier packaged soup.  Less chopping, not needing to add 50 different seasonings, etc.  LOL

I'd like to add small bits of steak to the beef vegetable, but looks like I'll have to cook/tenderize it some before adding to the soup.

I'll have to try the Alessi soups, too!

Denise
Honored Contributor

I've tried a few, and really wanted to like them.  But they're so high in sodium, I was dry for days afterward.  A one-cup serving has 40% of the recommended daily value.  So, I'll stick with making my own soup. 

Honored Contributor

Try frontier dry soup mixes, low salt ,they are very good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

We use both of the ones that you mentioned. We add meat, onions, carrots, celery and broth. They are great starters.