Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone think QVC might bring on Curtis Stone?

HSN does still feature sets. HSN should not let him go; he's such a rainmaker there. QVC can find or create its own celebrity chefs. I do not want Curtis diluted by coming here, and I'd bet the prices wouldn't be as good if he did.

See? You're upsetting Chris now.

LeaveCurtis Alone.jpg

Respected Contributor

I would imagine a large set would be offered prior to the holidays. And he does have a Today Special at the end of October.

Trusted Contributor

@depglass  I hope they leave him where he is. He has done well at HSN, has good products, good sale prices. The " Q" has been known to destroy several lines. Makes you wonder about about their judgment and credibility. I like Curtis Stone.

Super Contributor

I doubt the Q will give him the air time,like he has on HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

I only own Curtis Stone and Wolfgang Puck pans and I love them all.

Agreed, hope he just stays on HSN, I'm still waiting for the two channels to separate again!!!  LOL     

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just say NO to Curtis Stone coming to qvc.  He does a fantastic job on HSN and is not lacking for sales. No need to move him here.  He and the hosts get along just fine. Lots of fun, good food and information on his segments. I have purchased pans, sous vide, electric fry pan and more.  Stay where you are Curtis. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hope they don't move him to QVC.  We would NEVER see free shipping if they did.  

And yes, they still sell sets of his on HSN.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I'd prefer him to just stay at HSN.  I kinda get tired of the overlap when both channels share a vendor especially with the TSV's overlapping.  Plus, at HSN, I can often use a 20% off coupon. QVC never does that.  I actully buy more from HSN than I do QVC.  

I think the shopping channels are moving away from sets in general. That includes kits in beauty.  Personally, I don't think I will ever buy another cookware set.  I'll just replace what I have worn out which is normally the large saute pan since I tend to use high heat with it.  I'm still using all my other pieces from my Kirkland's hard anodized set I bought probably 15 years ago.  My one and only stainless steel Saladmaster pan is probably more like 25 years old since I bought it before my marriage.  Even the bottom which I can't keep clean on any cookware, looks almost brand new.  And the last thing I need is another stock pot.  I don't make stock or even soups.  I just use mine for spaghetti.  

Trusted Contributor

He is the #1 brand on HSN out of all lines that are offered.  On QVC, he's just be another vendor.  I like him on HSN - I like the interaction with the hosts - kind of freewheeling which makes HSN more fun to watch.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Curtis and Wolfgang was with QVC before they went to HSN. Most of the venders that you see on HSN were vendors on the Q in the ninties and early 2000. I had started purchasing kitchen items from them.