Honored Contributor

Does anyone own the KitchenAid 5 Cup Chopper in either corded or Cordless?

Does anyone own the KitchenAid 5 Cup Chopper in either corded or Cordless?
Has it lasted? Do you like it? If you own both, which works better, corded or cordless?

Can you puree a piece of cut up, boneless cooked chicken with gravy in it? Can you puree cooked meat, chicken or fish in it? Any other comments are welcome. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone own the KitchenAid 5 Cup Chopper in either corded or Cordless?

I have 3 choppers--a 5 cup Ninja storm,corded, 3 cup one that you pull the handle and a 2 cup one that is the same as the 3 cup-- got the big one and I think the little one from the Q and the 3 cup one on HSN----all work great---depending on what you need them for. All werre under $30. Yes you can do the meats in them all. I chop up veggies, herbs and meat too. bread for crumbs, smooth out  chunky sauces.-, nuts are good in them. IMO--a food processer works too, but a little more finesse is needed with that one or it will get too fine. Haven't chopped up hard cheeses yet. I do like whippng up eggs for scrambles--it works really good for that. 

Respected Contributor

I have 2 and both are corded.

I had to laugh when you ask if they are still working........both of

mine are still working, they are nicely seated in the bottom of my cabinet.

Sorry couldn't resist.   I wouldn't use a "chopper" for what you want, meat, it will pulverize it.   Personally, I would actually look into a food processor. where you can pulse and not destroy your meat.    I'm almost pretty sure you'll have baby food consistency with this chopper..  But that's my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Sorry couldn't resist.   I wouldn't use a "chopper" for what you want, meat, it will pulverize it.   Personally, I would actually look into a food processor. where you can pulse and not destroy your meat.    I'm almost pretty sure you'll have baby food consistency with this chopper..  But that's my opinion.

@Just Bling @I want baby food consistency. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

@Just Bling @I want baby food consistency. Thank you.

Then you have the right tool for the right job.