Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone own the Breville Smart Oven Pro? .

I have a Breville Smart Oven and it's one of the best purchases ever. It's just my husband  and I, so it gets used almost everyday. We had an especially hot summer and having this oven makes life so much easier. I cook everything in it that I would cook in my regular oven. Making toast is wonderful. Pizza cooks like a dream. Mine has the convection option and it speeds up the cooking time and crisps up the food really well. I will never be without my Breville. If/when this one quits working, I will purchase another one right away.

Valued Contributor

@ptagirl wrote:

I'm just curious if anyone owns the Breville Smart Pro oven with the light, and how you like it..I just ordered one today. Replacing my Oster convection oven due to fluctuations in temp/browning, etc.  I hope I made the right decision, as it's quite a bit of money...

Also if you have one, can you tell me what the measurements are between the feet , so I know it'll fit on my previous area where I had the Oster...Thanks.

YES!!! I've had mine for over 2 years now and absolutely love it!  I live in a small apt. and have a very small kitchen.  The Breville is the only oven I have and I cook a lot.  There isn't anything this oven can't do and I cannot sing its praises enough. My unit is  a total of 18.5 inches wide. I do not have a microwave due to space constraints and don't miss it one bit. I use the reheat or warming function and the convection is very fast.  I think you'll be happy with it, please let us know!  Heart

Valued Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

I have a Breville Smart Oven and it's one of the best purchases ever. It's just my husband  and I, so it gets used almost everyday. We had an especially hot summer and having this oven makes life so much easier. I cook everything in it that I would cook in my regular oven. Making toast is wonderful. Pizza cooks like a dream. Mine has the convection option and it speeds up the cooking time and crisps up the food really well. I will never be without my Breville. If/when this one quits working, I will purchase another one right away.

I'm with you @grandma petes, best purchase I've ever made regarding kitchen appliances. I bought mine right from Breville as QVC didn't offer the one with the light.  I also will never be without and will most definitely purchase again if and when mine quits. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for all your responses.  I would've went with a Kitchenaid oven, but I don't think they have a light inside and are a little smaller inside.  It sounds like I'll be quite happy with the Breville and probably will eventually order another rack from their website.  Thanks again for all your help!

Trusted Contributor

@ptagirl

Thank you for your post of inquiry.  I plan to buy three of these ovens for Christmas gifts (one for my husband and I).

I love toaster ovens, and I have heard this is the best.

At a Williams-Sonoma store in Monterey, a store clerk told us

they cooked an entire Thanksgiving dinner in the store using

three of these at the same time.  I am interested in the red

one, but the stainless is also very attractive.

I appreciate so much everyone who has responded. 

Honored Contributor

OMG---I LOVE mine!!! bought it late last year and have not turned on my big oven since. It cooks so much better and uses up much less power and so easy to clean. Have replaced many small appliances because of it. I got mine from AMZ so got it in a day. It sits next to my microwave on the counter.  Bought a set of cookware that fits it but have many things to use with it. Highly recommend!!!

Valued Contributor

@ptagirl wrote:

I'm just curious if anyone owns the Breville Smart Pro oven with the light, and how you like it..I just ordered one today. Replacing my Oster convection oven due to fluctuations in temp/browning, etc.  I hope I made the right decision, as it's quite a bit of money...

Also if you have one, can you tell me what the measurements are between the feet , so I know it'll fit on my previous area where I had the Oster...Thanks.

I would love to hear your comparison review after you receive it.  I too have the Oster and love it but it takes forever to preheat and never really comes up to true temp.  What I do like about the Oster is the huge size (I have the large one) and I can use a Dutch Oven in or even 9x13 with handles. 

Can anyone tell me the internal height of the Breville?  The Oster also has only a 90 minute timer so if doing a roast I have to remember to keep increasing the time as it counts down so it will stay on for several hours, I'm assuming the Breville can be set to however long you need if it can slow cook??

Regular Contributor

I have one and I do like it but for the fact you have to turn the temperature lower than the receipe calls for.  I do rotate whatever I'm cooking to get even cooking.

Valued Contributor

@In-x-s wrote:

@ptagirl wrote:

I would love to hear your comparison review after you receive it.  I too have the Oster and love it but it takes forever to preheat and never really comes up to true temp.  What I do like about the Oster is the huge size (I have the large one) and I can use a Dutch Oven in or even 9x13 with handles. 

Can anyone tell me the internal height of the Breville?  The Oster also has only a 90 minute timer so if doing a roast I have to remember to keep increasing the time as it counts down so it will stay on for several hours, I'm assuming the Breville can be set to however long you need if it can slow cook??

Just received my Breville oven yesterday.  Baked some bisquits and they turned out beautiful!...Temperature appeared to be on, as they browned nicely (but I didn't take its temperature with a thermometer).  

I wouldn't put anything higher than 5 inches in the oven (it's only about 5 1/2 inches high inside)..that's with the rack placed on the very bottom position. If your dutch oven is taller, it won't work.  It suggests to use foil for a lid if yours doesn't fit.

I don't have a 9x13 pan with handles, but the straight ones fit nicely.  I do have one with tapered sides that will not fit, though.  Also my 12 inch everyday pan with handles fit if I turn it slightly, but not with the lid..

I haven't used it for roasting yet, but the timer can go up to 2 hrs. and to 4-6 hrs during slow cooking depending on LO or HI, before having to reset it.

Oven will fit two regular loaf pans side by side with rack placed on the very bottom (baking position) with plenty of room for the bread to rise...also fit a bundt pan with no problem.

, but won't fit my round bread tins (too tall) for when I bake brown bread...will have to figure out something else to use or just use my big oven for them.  Also it will fit a full-size nordicware muffin tin (12 muffins)..that surprised me.

Preheats fast, in about 3 min. with an alarm when it gets to temperature....but wish the light stayed on inside while baking or when you open the door,,(because the inside is black) ..can turn it on, but it goes out in a short time..guess it's saving the bulb...very quiet with the convection, can't hardly hear it running. ...will continue to have fun playing with my new toy...hope this gave you some comparisons to the Oster...Have a great evening! 

Valued Contributor

@ptagirl wrote:

@In-x-s wrote:

@ptagirl wrote:

Just received my Breville oven yesterday.  Baked some bisquits and they turned out beautiful!...Temperature appeared to be on, as they browned nicely (but I didn't take its temperature with a thermometer).  

I wouldn't put anything higher than 5 inches in the oven (it's only about 5 1/2 inches high inside)..that's with the rack placed on the very bottom position. If your dutch oven is taller, it won't work.  It suggests to use foil for a lid if yours doesn't fit.

I don't have a 9x13 pan with handles, but the straight ones fit nicely.  I do have one with tapered sides that will not fit, though.  Also my 12 inch everyday pan with handles fit if I turn it slightly, but not with the lid..

I haven't used it for roasting yet, but the timer can go up to 2 hrs. and to 4-6 hrs during slow cooking depending on LO or HI, before having to reset it.

Oven will fit two regular loaf pans side by side with rack placed on the very bottom (baking position) with plenty of room for the bread to rise...also fit a bundt pan with no problem.

, but won't fit my round bread tins (too tall) for when I bake brown bread...will have to figure out something else to use or just use my big oven for them.  Also it will fit a full-size nordicware muffin tin (12 muffins)..that surprised me.

Preheats fast, in about 3 min. with an alarm when it gets to temperature....but wish the light stayed on inside while baking or when you open the door,,(because the inside is black) ..can turn it on, but it goes out in a short time..guess it's saving the bulb...very quiet with the convection, can't hardly hear it running. ...will continue to have fun playing with my new toy...hope this gave you some comparisons to the Oster...Have a great evening! 

@ptagirlThat is the best review I have read on the oven!  Thank you - I am disappointed I will not be ordering.  If it doesn't have the space inside I need it's pointless for me.  Most of what I use mine for I need my covered Dutch oven and foil just doesn't hold in the moisture.