Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone own the Breville Smart Oven Pro? .

I just bought the "Pro" this week as my old Breville quit working.  I loved my old one, used it every day and it lasted 8 years.  I decided for just a $20.00 difference to get the one with the light in and if it lasts as long as my previous one, I'll be happy.  The same day the old one died, I went to BB&B to get a new one.  So far, I'm liking the light in this one.  I hope you like it, OP.

Frequent Contributor

I have had my Breville oven for about two years!!  I love it, and use it alot.  Of all the items I have ever bought for my kitchen this is my favorite!!  It is a quality item. I bought the little cutting board that goes on top, and that gives it a nice finished look!  I have had other brands in the past that didn't even last a year.  This is durable.  9x13(without handles), . is the largest baking dish it will accomodate in a square pan.  I dont cook for large amounts of people, so this works out great for me!!  It has good temperature control with convection!   Luv it!!

Valued Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

I just bought the "Pro" this week as my old Breville quit working.  I loved my old one, used it every day and it lasted 8 years.  I decided for just a $20.00 difference to get the one with the light in and if it lasts as long as my previous one, I'll be happy.  The same day the old one died, I went to BB&B to get a new one.  So far, I'm liking the light in this one.  I hope you like it, OP.

So far, I do like it.  Just wish the light would stay on for longer than 30 sec. ..also not crazy about the magnetic door pulling the middle rack forward...I have to be extremely careful, as I've almost lost my pan twice when I was putting it in the oven..slipped toward the back of the oven. ..was able to grab it before everything dumped in back/ inside of the oven (now that would've been a mess to clean up!!)...not used to having the rack pulled out..I guess I'll have to make sure I push it back before I add anything to the oven...otherwise I like it a lot.

Baked some brown bread in it today in my mini pans and it was perfection...will be trying some large bread loaves and cinnamon rolls shortly...

I hope this one lasts as long as your old one...that would make me extremely happy and keeping my fingers crossed...

Have a great evening!