Valued Contributor

Does anyone own the Breville Smart Oven Pro? .

I'm just curious if anyone owns the Breville Smart Pro oven with the light, and how you like it..I just ordered one today. Replacing my Oster convection oven due to fluctuations in temp/browning, etc.  I hope I made the right decision, as it's quite a bit of money...

Also if you have one, can you tell me what the measurements are between the feet , so I know it'll fit on my previous area where I had the Oster...Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone own the Breville Smart Oven Pro? .

Purchased one and returned it.  The outside got way to hot.  The oven was big and looked cumbersome on my counterspace.  It was not easy to clean.

It took as long as a regular oven to cook and I have one of those.

Love kitchen gadgets and this was a total miss for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have this and it has the light. I am glad I got the Smart Oven

Pro. It is amazing and Cooks and bakes to perfection. It also has a convection setting and that cooks even faster. I found it very easy to clean. It has a pull out tray on the bottom for crumbs. 

The measurements between the feet are 14" and the total across the feet is 17". It is 18 1/2" across the entire Oven above the feet. It takes up less space than I thought it would. 

I ordered a second rack on Breville. I love that and the wooden cutting board for it that my daughter bought for me. It heats up really quick. After it beeps put your food in and it starts to count down. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. It has a bump out section in the back and can hold a 13" pizza. The pizzas come out excellent. Be sure to read the right side of the door and it will tell you what rack to put what you are making on. Smiley Happy

* Just a note. I felt it cooked so much quicker than my oven as it preheats in about 3 minutes and I actually have had things I am making cook faster than I thought. The first few things you make, set for suggested time but check a few minutes early as to not overlook. 

Valued Contributor

So sorry it didn't work out for you.  I'm hoping it will be better than my Oster oven.  It, too, gets way hot, but it doesn't bake evenly.  I never know for sure what the temperature is..when I use my oven thermometer, it's different every time I set it.  So I'm hoping this new one will be better.. I do love a toaster oven for small items and it doesn't heat up my whole kitchen like my big oven will...

Valued Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

Pro. It is amazing and Cooks and bakes to perfection. It also has a convection setting and that cooks even faster. I found it very easy to clean. It has a pull out tray on the bottom for crumbs. 

The measurements between the feet are 14" and the total across the feet is 17". It is 18 1/2" across the entire Oven above the feet. It takes up less space than I thought it would. 

I ordered a second rack on Breville. I love that and the wooden cutting board for it that my daughter bought for me. It heats up really quick. After it beeps put your food in and it starts to count down. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. It has a bump out section in the back and can hold a 13" pizza. The pizzas come out excellent. Be sure to read the right side of the door and it will tell you what rack to put what you are making on. Smiley Happy

Thank you for responding and all your help.. the measurements look good.. right now my toaster oven is sitting on a small oak topped dresser..(I use the drawers for all my kitchen tools) and I think it will fit great!..Can not wait to get it.  I ordered it from the Q and also the cutting board for the top, so I can put things right out of the oven on top..

I've been looking at many reviews and they sound encouraging...I hope it works out for me...Thanks again...Have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

I have the Breville Oven and I love it.  I also had the very large Oster Convection oven which I purchased at retail.  I returned the first one due to uneven oven temp. which burned some of my food because it got so hot.  The second one did the same thing so I returned it also.  The Breville has wonderful features, preheats in about 3 or 4 minutes and has accurate temperature control.  I also love that it beeps when preheated to set temp. which the Oster did not.  I ordered a second rack from Breville.  Their customer service is great. I just baked a banana bread yesterday and it came out wonderful - baked up high and moist.  Bakes a great pizza.

The "frozen"  button is also helpful.  Hope you love it as much as I do.

Respected Contributor

A plus to having my Smart Oven Pro is that my husband loves it and uses it. We have married for 52 years and until I bought this 6 months ago he never turned my big oven on! We haven't used our big oven since. It is just the two of us so it is perfect. Even my grandchildren could easily use this also. This does get hot but no more than any other appliance. I am going to buy their microwave when mine goes as it is 12 years old but still going. I was lucky to get my oven at 20% off the on the Breville site as a special at the time and I am thrilled. Would buy in a minute if this goes. I haven't used the slow cooking setting yet. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have had this now for nearly 2 years and love it.  It has become my only oven.  Of course the light is a great plus.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MKR14 wrote:

* Just a note. I felt it cooked so much quicker than my oven as it preheats in about 3 minutes and I actually have had things I am making cook faster than I thought. The first few things you make, set for suggested time but check a few minutes early as to not overlook. 

I bought mine about a month ago and you explained everything perfectly. I replaced a Cuisinart with this oven. Couldn't be happier. I actually use it more that I did my old countertop oven. I also got mine at 20% off at BB&B. I also got the cutting board for the top and some new pans. 

Honored Contributor

@ptagirl wrote:

I'm just curious if anyone owns the Breville Smart Pro oven with the light, and how you like it..I just ordered one today. Replacing my Oster convection oven due to fluctuations in temp/browning, etc.  I hope I made the right decision, as it's quite a bit of money...

Also if you have one, can you tell me what the measurements are between the feet , so I know it'll fit on my previous area where I had the Oster...Thanks.

There's a Kitchenaid countertop convection oven as a TSV this month