Respected Contributor

Does anyone own Cook's Essentials Precision Oven?

I'm considering K45831 Cook's Essentials Precision Oven with Accessories to replace my 15-year-old DeLonghi countertop oven.  I've read all the questions but no one really says that a 9 x 13 pan will fit easily in it.  I do know that it is a bit smaller than the Oster French Door XL Digital Convection oven K46602, which easily fits a 9 x 12 pan without handles.  I have the pan.  My old DeLonghi fits it easily but the digital screen has a few outages in the numbers and took 30 minutes at 400 then 10 at 425 to remotely bake some bacon yesterday.  I do think that it will be dying soon.  It has lasted a long time.

I do like the CE one because it has a double glass door, which I hate the door on mine that is a single pane of glass and folds down.  The CE folds down too but looks like more of a substantial door, while the Oster is a french door.  The door opening direction isn't a big deal but, the glass is.  I know some Oster customer complain of the glass shattering on the digital model that is like the French door one but the door fold down, and some of the French door one cracking.  Again, they are both single panes of glass. 

Do you own either and have any thoughts about the two? 

For what baking I do, I don't need the Breville's fanciness.  I don't see shelling out $300, the price for which I can get nearly a whole range for a basic model stove.  I know it is a good brand but the reviews are hit and miss on their largest model.  Some love it and some don't, but that seems on pare with all countertop ovens.  I also know this has been discussed here before, but I don't recall the CE one being discussed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone own Cook's Essentials Precision Oven?

Some guy wrote a very comprehensive review.  It sounds as though it does everything the more expensive ovens do.  I'd try it if I was in the market for one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina64 Yes, there was a great review, and he answered many of the questions. He also owns the Oster and the Breville, so he would have been able to compare them. The shipping also much more reasonable than the Oster at $7.95 compared to $19.95 for the Oster. I could also do the 6 easy pays and not be out much if I decide to return it. I bet the shipping back won't be $7.95 though unless it is defective. I also like the shape of the heating elements in an M pattern to more evenly distribute the heat for even cooking versus two bars or a U shaped element.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not in the market to buy a toaster oven as I purchased the KA one when on sale awhile ago when under $100. and free shipping. I love it especially in summer.

I am weighing in here because I watched the demo of the one you are asking about and noticed they said the top element (if I understood correctly) can be shut off . This seems like a  worthy innovation to me . I have learned to cover the top of some items with aluminum foil so they do not burn on top and underbake on bottom -- even with the convection feature. It seems this feature would be helpful. 

Toaster ovens have improved from yesteryear IMO. I think the crumb trays have been a long in the coming idea .

May the small appliance gods be with you in deciding ! Smiley Very Happy

If you cannot glean the answer about the 9X12 pan thru the ?s or reviews you may want to try the live chat under 'contact us' in cs. It goes pretty fast. Have the item # ready.

Respected Contributor

@okaywitheasypay  I did take note of that little feature.  I like the idea of shutting off the top or the bottom without only being able to do the broil feature.  I find broil is often too hot for things.  I did YouTube some more videos where QVC presented it and the Blue Jean Chef did say a 9 x 13 without handles will fit in there.  I have several of those pans already, so I'm good there.  I do like that it has a light and the double glass panel oven door.  The Oster is bigger.  It really is the mac daddy of countertop ovens in size and features apart from the single panel glass door, either French or the other model that is a fold-down door.  If I did big 16" pizzas, then I would do the Oster, but I don't do pizzas that large.  I'm going to try the Cook's Essential oven and see what happens.  I do like the shape of the heating elements on the top and bottom for better heating and the crumb tray.  Mine needs a crumb tray, but the older ones didn't have that feature.  It is a nice feature.

Respected Contributor

So, I did get the CE Precision Oven.  It came early on Friday versus the promised following Tuesday.  It came well packaged and all was well.  I have baked several things this weekend, and I'm very impressed with the double glass door.  My old one gave off lots of heat, less than my range oven, but heat and the door didn't really fully shut with its single pane of glass.  I would drape a tea towel over the front to help keep the heat in and people from bumping into it.  The towel didn't burn or anything.  The CE is nicely insulated and doesn't emit the level of heat my old one did, but the sides do get hot, so careful of touching it.  There are lots of baking options and the elements heat evenly on the top and bottom when I did garlic bread, cheese toasts, and cinnamon toast.  I have chicken sausages in it now.  I usually air fry those but wanted to see the crust the oven gives it.  The little light it has is ample enough to see what is going on without opening the door and letting the heat out.  Don't worry about leaving the light on as it goes off after a few minutes.  While it is smaller than the Oster XL Frech door model or the other Oster XL with the one-panel door, it cooks very well and has a rotisserie that I'm planning on trying soon with a whole chicken with potatoes, carrots, and onions below it in a pan.  I can also do a turkey breast in it and with the convection, that will be super juicy!  I'm glad I got this newer model, as a friend is moving back to town and will need to set up housekeeping, so my old model has a new home.

We recently bought one but very disappointed that there were no instructions or recipes included...on the presentation they said recipes were included but we received none and when I notified QVC they said none were available so we spent $100 and have nothing to go on to even use it !!!!