Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone here own these L&L mini domes?

[ Edited ]

@house_cat

Here is a YouTube video from a year ago.  In the first minute Chris and Rick both mention that these would be perfect for muffins and cupcakes.  Hope this sets your mind at ease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arr-6htuC48&app=desktop

Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr

Yes it does put my mind at ease!

Thank you!

I changed my order and I'm getting only one set.  I'll just have to be diligent about getting them back,  and if I really like them, I'll reorder :-)

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

They are cute...but would only use maybe one...at most 2 at any given time. So storage for the rest would be an issue. We have a small kitchen. When I buy L&L, they normally are the nestable ones.

They are cute, and I know I could find uses for them, but I agree - The "non-nestable" aspect is what convinced me not to purchase.  I have other similar pieces that do nest, some better than others, but all at least somewhat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have one from years ago that came with another set.  It was called an onion keeper then. It is okay.  I don't use plastic storage very often now a days, but  I use it for left overs.  I really don't care for LL, it didn't last for me.  Not one of those rubber rings stayed in place!  They all fell out, and I got tired of putting them back. Also, all those latches broke off.  They worked well as long as they lasted, which was barely a year.  I have the "onion keeper"  and a bowl I store flour in left. They were the hardy of the bunch and lasted out of 2 sets.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I have one from years ago that came with another set.  It was called an onion keeper then. It is okay.  I don't use plastic storage very often now a days, but  I use it for left overs.  I really don't care for LL, it didn't last for me.  Not one of those rubber rings stayed in place!  They all fell out, and I got tired of putting them back. Also, all those latches broke off.  They worked well as long as they lasted, which was barely a year.  I have the "onion keeper"  and a bowl I store flour in left. They were the hardy of the bunch and lasted out of 2 sets.

That's so surprising.  I have several sets of L&L, and have never had a problem.  I have had a few sets for years, and I use them all the time.  I've never had a latch break or anything else go wrong. They're far superior to anything else I've ever used.

I'm not doubting you, @shoekitty - Just saying that my experience is 100% different than yours.

Honored Contributor

I think they'd be a pain in the neck to store.

Valued Contributor

I have some that were in kits (like other posters) and I have put cupcakes and muffins in them. I have one that is used exclusively for onions.  I have never had a problem and for empty storage I just put them in another L&L bowl that I am not using at the time.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

That's so surprising.  I have several sets of L&L, and have never had a problem.  I have had a few sets for years, and I use them all the time.  I've never had a latch break or anything else go wrong. They're far superior to anything else I've ever used.

I'm not doubting you, @shoekitty - Just saying that my experience is 100% different than yours.

Shoekitty said

and your point was?  Letting me you don't doubt me?  Lol

Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

Shoekitty said

and your point was?  Letting me you don't doubt me?  Lol

No, just that my experience has been the complete opposite of yours.  I mentioned not doubting you because I wanted to be sure I didn't sound argumentative.

Valued Contributor

The Q&A section states they fit the large muffins easily.