Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have experience cooking with a Tagine?

On 2/6/2014 Jules5280 said:

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Vamp, I've always enjoyed going to the Moroccan restaurants. Sadly where I live now there are none around me. I've been craving it so I'm going to expand my cooking horizons a bit. Smile

tufgirl, I agree they really are conversation pieces, some of them are so pretty, like art. I checked out Williams Sonoma and they have several. Found one that is hand-painted and made in Tunisia that is very affordable and has received good reviews. I'm thinking I might start out with that one. I appreciate your input about your experience with them.

wagirl, That is nice of you. Since you can't email it to me, maybe you should dust it off and experiment cooking with it. Smile

No, I have too many gadgets now and am trying to lighten the load. I am not that adventurous anymore. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone have experience cooking with a Tagine?

I just saw one of these at the thrift store yesterday. I only knew what I guessed it was from skimming this thread.

the base of this one is not very deep though. maybe i'll swing back by, and see if its still there. I think it was 5 bucks.