Honored Contributor

Does anyone have a fix for my Lock & Lock cereal containers?

I've had my old set for years, but these new ones cannot be opened at the pouring spout.  Rather fix than return.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a fix for my Lock & Lock cereal containers?

@depglass:  I don't know of any way you could repair the containers. If your lock & lock containers are defective, I think you should return them. Call Customer Service. Since they are defective, you most likely won't be charged for shipping. 

Esteemed Contributor

You should call c.s. & request a replacement.Because the ones you got are defective all shipping charges will be waived.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't think there is a fix.  Mine are tight tight too - Have to fight to get it open and I use several tall ones for bird seed. Suggest you never put the covers in dishwasher - the heat seams to affect all the closure tabs over time. Replacement units will probably be the same - goof in manufacturing.

Honored Contributor

I didn't read the reviews before purchasing, as I have had such good luck with L & L.  Now reading them I find that several other people have had the same problem.  Moral:  READ THE REVIEWS!

Respected Contributor

@depglass  I am sorry but there is no fix for the lids...the first time I opened (out of the box) the lid broke at the tip on one of the tops.  I did not return as the top still worked but I would not purchase  another set.  

Honored Contributor

I do not care for L&L with the pouring spouts.  These lids are not air right.  I only buy the tall canisters with the solid lid.  Food is too expensive to go stale.

I store my dog's food in a L&L pantry container with a lid with a large opening on the lid.  I can always smell the dog food when I open the cupboard even though the opening on the lid is closed tightly.