Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone else use a Coffee Perculator

every morning my father would make coffee with a stove top pyrex coffee maker...and every morning it would boil over!!

Trusted Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

I do!  Those coffeemakers that have water reservoirs make me nervous--too much chance of bacteria building up. We use both a percolator and a french press. I recently bought this just because I like the color/aesthetic.

s-l500.jpg

@magicmoodz I LOVE this!

Honored Contributor

@Knit-Chick .................My dad loved perked coffee and thats what we had at home.  Sadly I drink drip from my Mr. Coffee and dad is probably shaking his head at me from heaven.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I rarely regret throwing things out but when I cleaned out our family's home, I threw out an avocado colored percolator (think it was from Sears). It made great coffee.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Knit-Chick wrote:

@tends2dogs we bought ours from Amazon.  it's a Coletti brand and is stovetop.  I believe it's 9 cups.  The only problem we've had is the little glass topper cracked so we had to replace it.  They sell those separately - it seems to be a common problem.

We use a Farberware stovetop. No electric coffee maker at all except for old original model Keurig single serve which hubby uses now and then in the afternoon for a single cup of coffee. The stovetop Farberware makes us about 4 large cups in the morning and  coffee is really hot. Hubby has to time the perking while in kitchen making his breakfast, but he gets up very early with the chickens so he doesn't mind watching it on the stove, and coffee is all ready for me when I get up. We can live this way only because we're no longer on a hectic work schedule and raising a family. Only problem is we no longer own a large coffee maker to make multiple cups for company, but entertaining is something we did in our past. We enjoy living the simplified life of retirees. 

Contributor

You mentioned the Corning Ware perculator - I have my aunt's blue cornflower one. I was just thinking the other day about using it. I always loved her coffee when visiting her in Florida. I am using a Keurig now and don't drink more than 2 cups if that, but I can still use it and think of her. 

Respected Contributor

@Knit-Chick 

I agree, I miss mine.  I also preferred the coffee flavor & the bubbly sound.  Thinking of getting another one.

Frequent Contributor

I used to love using percolators.  Mom moved in with me and she had a couple of them and we used them until they wore out.  Then I bought one or two and used them until they wore out.  Can't remember why I switched to a Mr. Coffee.  The percolators did keep the coffee so hot.  

Janet in Georgia
Regular Contributor

I have been using my Pyrex glass percolator for almost 50 years.  Love it - makes the best coffee ever and smells so great.  Every morning I think of my mother while I'm scooping the coffee -- one for each cup and one for the pot.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link to another retail site