Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone else fill out grocery store surveys?

I have never been to a grocery store that does this. Yikes, I am sure they get plenty of complaints! I wonder if it actually changes anything...

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have never heard of grocery stores asking anyone to fill out a survey.  

It's Smiths here.   House brand is Kroeger so I imagine it's about the same thing.   I get asked all the time, but I don't do them.   My friend loves to.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

At the end of the survey it asks for email adress to enter into the sweepstakes - $100 free groceries.  Not only have I never won, but I dont know anyone who has.  I'm wondering if the sweepstakes is a hoax.

Do you know anyone who has ever won?

Considering the number of people who fill these out and enter the drawing, it is statistically improbable that you orsomeone you know would win.  That does not make it a hoax.

Honored Contributor

I know it means a lot to them.  The staff at the pharmacy has thanked me for doing the surveys - they even have a huge trophy to show that they are the Pharmacy of the Month, based on survey reviews.  If you mention each person by name, they get special credit. 

I've grown friendly with the cashiers because I'm in the store almost every day.  They all tell me how much it means to them to be mentioned.

As far as complaints, I have made a few - for instance, it was often a problem to find one of those carry baskets at the door when I arrived, as I'm usually running in and out for just a couple of items.  I mentioned it in the survey and it has never again been an issue. I also mentioned that the cans of plain seltzer that I like are frequently not available on the shelf, while all the flavored ones seem to be plentiful.  I never had that problem again after the survey. In every survey I asked that the organic produce selection be expanded.  I told them that I often shop for organic produce at a competing store, because the selection is better.  Well, low and behold they revamped the produce department and the organic selection is now excellent.  Could these be coincidences?  I guess so, but I really do think they pay attention, especially if enough of us are making the same comments.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I've never had a grocery store ask me to do a survey either.  I do however get phone calls periodically on grocery stores.  Just had one about a week ago or so.  The guy seemed to be more 'promoting' Giant Eagle than any other store he asked about.

His list was: kroger, giant eagle, fresh time, walmart, online amazon (I laughed when he talked about this and told him I never heard of online amazon ).

I kept telling him my #1 choice to shop at is Aldi's.  He seemed to be interested in if 'perks' at stores influenced my shopping to which I said no, not at all.  Prices on what I buy is what makes a huge diff for me.  Kroger & GE are 2 of the highest price points I ever see.  I told him that if Aldi's sold Hellmann's mayo, I'd never need to go anywhere else!  He laughed outloud at that one.

After we hung up, I googled amazon groceries - I saw maybe 5 items.  I didn't get why he even mentioned this.

Honored Contributor

I've never known any of our local grocery stores to do a survey.   The majority of my shopping is done at an independently owned grocery store.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat I fill them out often as where I live is in the middle of Grocery Wars.  Back in the day we had two grocery chains but times have changed and now one of them went under and the other is scrambling to keep up.  In the meantime several new, fresh chains are coming in so we are experiencing a renaissance here so to speak.

I fill them out if I get great service or very poor service.  I have never won anything but I do hope my feedback is taken into account especially when it comes to individual folks I have contact with as some employees are just terrific and I love to sing their praises.

Last week I was overcharged on three things (for a total of $3.50) and promptly brought my reciept back and was given a ton of grief by the young lady "helping" me . . . while I was waiting for her to decide what to do a more seasoned employee stepped in and settled the matter (please know the sale prices were still showing on the items as I checked before I went the CS counter and told her so at the beginning of our conversation).  I gave her major kudos for her professionalism and I sincerely hope that trickles down to someone that could do something positive for her as I had reached the point that I was considering not going there anymore which I highlighted in the survey even though it is the closest store to my home.

It doesn't take much time to fill them out and I hope I am helping those that do a good job.

eta:  I just received a reply back from the store manager thanking me for my feedback and they will look into it.  I also just found out that the chain has been taken over by Strack and Van Til which I have heard great things about and it looks like their great management is already taking hold . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our major grocery store chain here ocasionally offer surveys that you go on their website to complete, and you get achance to win a gift card. And they have a bunch of paper survey forms in a container right next to the device where you slide your credit/debit card.  It says "let us know how we are doing"......you can go mail it in or go online to complete it.   I've used it to give compliments as well as complaints.  I've had a Manager call me back on one particular complaint.   

One time I used the survey form box to my advantage....I noticed that they had 8 Express Lanes open and only 4 regular checkouts.....and everyone with a huge grocery order was having to wait in a long line....I kinda said outloud to know one in particular--"I can't believe they only have 4 regular registers open"....and I moseyed on over to an empty register and picked up a survey form from the box and went to stand in line....it was only seconds later the Manager opened a register and motioned for me to check out --so surveys definitely work.....Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen a grocery store survey in 20 years....