Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Does Santa bring you kitchen supplies?

Among the gifts I received from my students this year were these two unexpected ones.

I love them both!

I made a banana bundt cake this morning and coated the pan with melted butter and a liberal amount of this sugar mixture.  It smells wonderful in here as it's baking.

IMG_6033.JPG

and I got this one with a note on it that said, "Seasonings Greetings"!

IMG_6034.JPG

I guess I may have mentioned my love for baking and cooking in class once or twice... or more.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Does Santa bring you kitchen supplies?

Never.

Respected Contributor

What great gifts and I love the Seasons Greetings! So cute. Last year one of the presents I got from my daughter was different flavored sea salts in a little case with a small wooden spoon to dip them out with. It is not only really cute but great for cooking!! I like the different and unusual gifts.

Honored Contributor

Not unless I've asked for them, if he knows what's good for him.

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No. Not since my MIL passed away about 10 yrs. ago.  She kept me in kitchen towels and unique little kitchen gadgets. I always liked everything she got me.

Honored Contributor

The cinnamon sugar with vanilla sounds wonderful!  I'm going to look for it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

My BFF and I sometimes exchange kitchen gifts. It becomes a practical choice as we get older and don't need or want a lot more "stuff."  This year I got her some items from Penzeys: cinnamon, bay leaves, Italian seasoning and some gourmet olives from another source.

Honored Contributor

For people that don't "need" things, I have given an assortment of olive oil and different vinegars.   This year to a different person, I added one of the "misters" that QVC sold.  One  for her, one for my DD and one for me--was a set of 3.    Some on my list don't want more "things", decor, etc. 

Contributor

"Seasonings Greetings" - how adorable! I'll have to remember that Smiley Happy

Yes, many over the years, and they are the best! From Le Creuset pots and good knives, to homemade liqueurs and sauces, love them all.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat What a great post!  Yes! I love items for the home, anything to make life easier and fun.

This year Santa bought me Le Creuset- an oval 6 3/4 oven, and a 5qt Brasier, both in Caribbean.  

I bought for my girls a crate of various mixed spices; moroccan, colonial, thai, etc., these were from a wonderful little shop called The Spice and Tea Exchange found on the harbor in our town. 

They make up mini sized crates just like the ones from early trading to America. The smallest is  about 8"x 6x6, and they go up to 1ftx1ft. Really nice crates to keep. The top slides open. You can buy a prepared crate or have one made up with spices or teas you choose. And they have a multitude of accompanying items of all sorts. 

A unique gift from a unique store. They have a website too.

I'm so glad I found it, and I'm sure I'll be a frequent customer.

Love it when something new and interesting comes along.

p.s. I have NO problem with receiving household items as a gift. And I frequently buy gifts for myself, I Santa'D myself this yearCat Very Happy  

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE