Respected Contributor

At one time Emeril had his own cook show I used to watch it. But he killed it for me with every other word was "Watch This Folks " And he would throw Parsley on something he just cooked and yell "BAM"That was it for me Watching it was over for me.

Respected Contributor

Emeril seems like a steady to me, like Chef Tony.He is on alot on Wednesday's and Sundays, also alot on Mary on Saturday.I am getting to old I need to get out and find something else to do . I think I am going to change something up this year and Cook Show are going by the way side. I like cook demo's on my  "Nook". And they usually turn me off on a product so I don't purchased it and have buyers regret.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

BTW @SharkE, I checked in my kitchen gadget group on facebook and someone claimed to have called for more information and this is the info they gave concerning wattage.  I can't verify the accuracy of the info, but it should be something to consider.

The 10qt is only 1500 watts, the 8qt foodi is 1700 watts. Strange that 10qts is only 1500. Their 8qt is only 1200 watts.

Sounds like the numbers got reversed should be 1500 for the 8 qt, 1700 for the 10qt one

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

BTW @SharkE, I checked in my kitchen gadget group on facebook and someone claimed to have called for more information and this is the info they gave concerning wattage.  I can't verify the accuracy of the info, but it should be something to consider.

The 10qt is only 1500 watts, the 8qt foodi is 1700 watts. Strange that 10qts is only 1500. Their 8qt is only 1200 watts.

Sounds like the numbers got reversed should be 1500 for the 8 qt, 1700 for the 10qt one

@SharkE, no, it is in comparison to the Ninja Foodi.  The Emeril 10 qt is 1500 Watts and the Ninja Foodi 8 qt is 1500 watts.  The 8 qt. Emeril is 1200 Watts.  That's less than my Ming Tsai Air Fryer which is a small one, about 3 qt, and it's 1500 watts.

Honored Contributor

Oh Ok. I got a Ninja blender and they seem to be pretty good product line

I hate waiting for the colors of the Ninja Foodi to come in LOL

HSN  , at the end of May, is having bunch of NInja shows hoping they will be on one of them. If not, I'm just going to Bed and Bath and moving on. LOL

Honored Contributor

I'm in no rush.  I still have the 2qt CE pressure cooker I need to learn to use before I really feel the need to get a larger one.  It's my first PC, and so far I've only done eggs and potatoes in it.  I really liked the idea of Emeril's since it didn't appear to be so bulky as the Foodi, but if I wait around long enough other more reliable brands may step up.  

Honored Contributor

That reminds me of talking to my sister back up in Ind the other day and I heard a hissing sound in the background and said "what is that noise"? she said "my pressure cooker on the stove". I said "you mean that old fashion mirror matic get with it girl, and go electric digital".   "No, I like this old one I had one like you have 10 of and gave it away".   I go  "what"?????

crazy girl. I got 1 from the old days that I keep just for the retro aspect. I don't want to hear all that hissing, popping, spurting water /steam all over the stove.

Different strokes for different folks. Nutty woman. LOL

Honored Contributor

My mother had one.  I would be afraid of it.  As it is, I'm intimidated by the new ones, mainly because I'm not that much of a cook to begin with and I wouldn't know how to convert traditional recipes over to a PC.  I'm also quite a picky eater, so a lot of the stuff I see demo'd don't appeal to me at all.  

I think the old-fashioned ones are also the safest choice for canning, but I probably wouldn't be doing that either.  I know that's controversial, but I would stick with tried and true when it comes to botulism.

I guess some of it is what you're comfortable with.  My Ming AF has two knobs.  I really have no use for digital pre-sets.  You rarely ever see recipes that call for the pre-sets.  I even picked up an Instant Pot magazine and it doesn't even have pre-sets in most of the recipes.  

Honored Contributor

In my regular pressure cookers I would do a whole chicken in 60 minutes

In the Instant Pot , now, it takes 32. Took me awhile to get the hang of it I couldn't figure out why my chicken was tough LOL I'd come in here and ask for advice. Now, I know you have to half the time of what your used to in the regular pressure cookers.

I can do northern beans from hard state ( no more pre-soaking overnight) in 35 minutes. I love the stainless pot just throw in dishwasher and sit down no more scrubbing out the bean pot. I add chunks of ham and bacon grease to my beans and 1 tablespoon of olive oil (to keep them from foaming) salt and pepper of course.

Size of the Foodi doesn't bother me since my kitchen is fairly big and cooking is my hobby/interest, so, I accomadate what I have too LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE : I love my IP. Just purchased a stainless steel steamer pot. Loved the baked potatoes. Just finished 2 dozen eggs for deviled eggs and potato salad. Considering using the IP to cook potatoes for the potato salad but afraid of over cooking them. I wish I had purchased the 8 quart instead of the 6. The smallest spiral sliced ham that I could find is 8 pounds and interested in trying it in the IP but afraid it will not fit in the 6 quart. DH likes his ham hot and that is difficult to do and not dry it out. Southern Bee