Honored Contributor

Re: Does DH/SO Do Something In the Kitchen

Years ago dh went fishing and caught a lot of fish.  He came home cleaned them in the kitchen then got out my frying pan, oil and fried them.  You can just imagine the mess and smell.

After that, I got him his very own frying pan and he was relegated to cleaning and cooking all fish outside on the barbecue grill.  I don't eat them and don't want them anywhere near my kitchen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

okay.. he's a great guy but....

pull off a million paper towels & doesn't replace roll when empty

.... adds water to dish soap instead of adding more soap to the dispenser

(btw does the same thing in the bathroom with hand soap)

Honored Contributor

Mine gets frisky in the kitchen.  No kidding. He somehow finds it endearing when I'm slaving away in there. When I brush him off he reminds me that some women would love the attention. I remind him that some men would love their wives to cook - so get out of my way!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Don't even get me going, he retired a year ago thinking great we get all the little things done around here Oh NO, he never cooked in his life & did laundry in college he has no idea how it works now. I said if I die what are you going to do? Oh get a cleaning lady & go out to eat everyday well I said let's start now while I'm alive to enjoy it.  Ok here is his grill cheese recipe please copy this down.  Toast 2 pieces of bread in toaster then add the cheese in between the bread microwave it 45 seconds & you got your sandwich LOL LOL works for him. Instant grill cheese I would give you more of his recipes but this is all he knows. 

Honored Contributor

@sissel  My husband has a unique way of making a grilled cheese sandwich too.  He butters the bread on the inside next to the cheese.  Then he puts it in a frying pan and smashes the dry bread until it is flat and the butter comes through to the outside.

He knows how to cook if he has to, but he hates to and refuses to cook if I am around.  He does show off outside on the grill where people can see him and tell me how lucky I am to have a husband who cooks. Ha, I wish.

He does do dishes and cleans the counters, etc...so I'll keep him.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie  LOL well you are 10 steps ahead of me at least he cleans counters & tries but my DH is good with money & investing it which I do have some idea but not that good. Retirement is so funny, if I do clean out kitchen I try to give to DD but her townhouse small kitchen even she will not take too much so charity it goes. DH lacks many skills but also is good with others skills I think I will keep him too. 

Honored Contributor

My DH opens the bread bag and wont't get the air out before he closes it.  I take a half sandwich to work and I have dry bread.  He says "he's not hugging the bread"!  Who on earth would see?

Respected Contributor

Paper towels in little balls..Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

DH will get mad at kids for not putting their dirty dishes in the dishwasher or at least the sink while he will leave his on the table when he is done eating.  Anytime I see him do that I point out that the kids put their plate away.  errr.

Also when DH loads the dishwasher while I appreciate the effort.  I go back and re-arrange everything to make better use of the space.